OP
jaybogg

jaybogg

Reaction score
Nashville

software 4.1.1 jb

2 bars of 4g: -108 asu 32
2 bars of 3g: -93 dBm 2 asu

Had to look up "ASU".LOL Arbitrary Strength Unit. dBm= -113 + (ASU x 2). Evidently Motorola never or no longer uses this unit of measurement. I am not sure as I am fairly new to Android and Motorola devices. The company I used to work for made the photomasks for motorola before they spun off Freescale as a stand alone company.

Thanks for the input and if enough other devices report their signal strengths, I will make a spreadsheet for them as well. Not sure I will get enough input from Razr users to make any meaningful conclusions from their data:sad:

djnolo

Reaction score
Since my ICS update I have not been getting a 4G signal at all!!:mad: Not only in my area but also to other "major" coverage cities that I have been to.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Since my ICS update I have not been getting a 4G signal at all!!:mad: Not only in my area but also to other "major" coverage cities that I have been to.

You wouldn't happen to have your phone set at 3g only mode or global mode (ICS sets it at Global by default), would you? Go into settings--->More... (under Data usage)---->Mobile networks---->Network mode. Make sure it is set to LTE/CDMA.

djnolo

Reaction score
Naw, I have it set to lte/cdma. But no 4G for me! I may flash back to stock and see what happens from there. IDK? :-!

No MAXXation without representation!