Razr Maxx won't turn on

ttaf1991

Reaction score
This is my first post, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I figured I should try here first.

Here's what happened, last night (and multiple nights before this) I would plug my phone into the wall outlet since it had 10% battery left (I had a universal microUSB charger within my reach, so that was the charger it happened with). I plugged it in, and it went straight to the big M screen that you get when you turn the phone on, and usually I can get it turned back on, but this time it didn't work. I tried the power button and volume button trick and it still won't turn on. This morning (I had it unplugged since I didn't want anything else to go wrong) I went and searched for the one that was sent with my phone, so I plugged it in and the white light flashed and it still won't respond. This is my second Maxx that this has happened to. I had to get another one within the last week or so and I had to go through an insurance company, so I payed $99 to get it only to have it happen again...

Is there anything I can do to get my phone to work again or am I going to have to go through the insurance company again...?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :)

Edit: I re read... you DONT USE a universal USB charger on these phones.

Use ONLY the supplied charger, or an approved car charger...

Try plugging it in with the supplied charger before its too late and the phone turns into a brick.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also its a bad thing to kill these batteries....never kill these batteries...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Also its a bad thing to kill these batteries....never kill these batteries...

Exactly. Once the micro chip built into the battery turns itself off the problems start.

OP
T

ttaf1991

Reaction score
Alright...well, I guess my phone is done for...The battery still had at least 10% and I heard around there is a good time to charge it, so that's why I was charging it in the first place. I wish I'd known that you aren't supposed to use universal microUSB chargers...I guess my only option is to go through the insurance site?

Edit: Another thing, is I never had this issue until I had updated to ICS...I know it's the charger, but is it possibly something to do with ICS?

Edit 2: Okay, it's still plugged into my original charger and USB cord. The white light flashed a few times, and then the light stayed on for about 10 seconds. Now nothing is on...

Last edited:

jho1897

Reaction score
A Fix if your brave

So after my 3rd maxx died and wouldn't come back I decided to get brave and it worked. Simply let it charge for about an hour then take the back off and disconnect the bettery for about 30 seconds and re-attach. It will boot right up and you won't void any warranty stickers. Video below is for regular razor but the maxx is similar. Take out all lower screws and mem/sim card. This video is complete tear down I found on YouTube but all you need is the first few steps.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.