Razr Maxx - Incredible lag on space bar? Any idea how to fix?

ajava

Reaction score
I've tried several different keyboards, I've shut off text prediction....to no avail. When I'm typing, whether text or email, there is an INCREDIBLE lag when I press the spac ebar. No other keys...just the space bar. It's very disruptive while typing.

I've had my Maxx for less than a week.

Can anyone suggest anything to fix this?

Thanks.

Andrea

Caesars

Reaction score
I have not had this problem, actually my maxx has been pretty smooth. Has it done this since you bought it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did you download an app about the time this started?? Try deleting it/them. If not......

Try going into settings, applications, manage applications, all, clear data on the text messaging app, do you use multi touch or swype? Clear data on that app too. If this doesn't do the trick, there are only three other things I know of..

If you do this, you'll have to setup your home screen again. But it helped my maxx, so clear data on the home screen app too.

Now hold the power button, and the volume down button until the phone shuts off. Release them and the phone will power back on. Your phone will look like it did when you got it. But all of your apps will still be on it.

If this doesn't help, then power off the device. Power it back on and as soon as you see the dual core M, hold both volume buttons down and just keep holding them down. You'll feel a short and long vibration, release the buttons, it should say "safe mode" on the bottom left corner of your screen.

Try using the phone like this for a little while, see if the problem goes away.. if it does, that means its an app.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!