RAZR M Dead?

newmanji52

Reaction score
I've had my new Droid RAZR M for a week and up until now it has been a magnificent experience. But last night when I tried to do a soft reset the phone will not boot back up. I know it is not the battery because I had 81% before the reset.

When this happened on my old phone I would simply remove the batttery, reinstall the battery and then it would start. The RAZR M has a battery that cannot be removed.

Anybody else have this experience? Is there a reset button somewhere I cannot find?

josh.lop6

Reaction score
Try holding the volume up and down buttons along with power. Continuously. Should take a minute or so lol

OP
N

newmanji52

Reaction score
Try holding the volume up and down buttons along with power. Continuously. Should take a minute or so lol

Yaaah. It worked. Thanks Josh. You are a lifesaver. I was already getting the smartphone anxiety.

Angelmaxx

Reaction score
I got my RAZR M three days ago...

and I had a similar issue. At 68% my phone wouldn't turn on and the little blue light kept blinking. I found a different thread here on forums and was able to turn it on by holding the up volume and the power button. I was able to get it back on by holding the up power button while holding the power button. Per suggestion I powered it down with the power button and put it on it's charger until it was charged up to 100%. To get it back on I had to hold the volume up button and the power button again. After the red "M", a picture of the Android bot laying on his back with his chest open and a red triangle with an exclamation point over it. WTH?!? Eventually it got itself turned back on but it took about 4-5 minutes.

Any suggestions?!? Did I get a lemon?

tektoo2

Reaction score
Not an intentional highjack...

I've had my new Droid RAZR M for a week and up until now it has been a magnificent experience. But last night when I tried to do a soft reset the phone will not boot back up. I know it is not the battery because I had 81% before the reset.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Same battery level and everything. Very weird!!!!!

Thanks Josh. I was already in full freak out mode!:furious:

its back up and running. Strange thing was that the screen was kind of on... in the dark it was slightly backlit... very weird!
thanks though.dancedroid

drew96dawg

Reaction score
its back up and running. Strange thing was that the screen was kind of on... in the dark it was slightly backlit... very weird!
thanks though.dancedroid

That sounds like it was stuck trying to reboot, it happens occasionally with my DROID2

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

tektoo2

Reaction score
That sounds like it was stuck trying to reboot, it happens occasionally with my DROID2

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

now that i know the reset secret.... [no battery pull option....] i think i will be able to weather it again. fingers crossed for it hot happening again. lol :cus:

:biggrin:

Pegster

Reaction score
It didn't work for me. Any other suggestions on how to turn it back on?

NattyBee

Reaction score
It didn't work for me. Any other suggestions on how to turn it back on?

Have you tried holding Power + Volume Down? you should see a slight flash after about 10 seconds and then the phone will be completely off...then you should be able to power up....

NattyBee

Reaction score
I got my RAZR M three days ago...

and I had a similar issue. At 68% my phone wouldn't turn on and the little blue light kept blinking. I found a different thread here on forums and was able to turn it on by holding the up volume and the power button. I was able to get it back on by holding the up power button while holding the power button. Per suggestion I powered it down with the power button and put it on it's charger until it was charged up to 100%. To get it back on I had to hold the volume up button and the power button again. After the red "M", a picture of the Android bot laying on his back with his chest open and a red triangle with an exclamation point over it. WTH?!? Eventually it got itself turned back on but it took about 4-5 minutes.

Any suggestions?!? Did I get a lemon?

when you boot up by holding power + Volume UP, you will see the android laying on his back with his chest open...at this point you are ready to enter recovery (by holding volume DOWN & UP)...that is normal from the sound of it...

cubsfan187

Reaction score
This exact thing happened to my wife's M yesterday as well. All I did to get it back up and running was take it out to the car (as we were out to lunch) and plug it into the charger and it rebooted all on it's own. Never touched any buttons or anything. Strange why that happened though. She was just trying to open up Song Pop and it froze and she tried to power it off and reboot and this happened.

OP
N

newmanji52

Reaction score
I was the originator of this post several months ago. I have not had this problem again. This is one awesome phone with a lot of good capabilities. Just got the jellybean upgrade earlier this week. Very satisfied except for the first week hiccup.

lug

Reaction score
My RAZR M did the same thing only it ran out of juice and refused to charge or reboot while plugged into the wall. I tried holding the buttons but no joy. I decided to try the car charger and it worked! It started taking the charge and after a minute or two it started right up. The wall charger didn't have enough punch to get the battery to accept the charge at such a low state.

gfx55

Reaction score
hi
Sorry for my English
need help to restart my phone
I wanted to root my phone but made ​​a mistake somewhere.
now the phone is always off. when connected to the computer program RSD see him as QHSUSB_DLOAD
when pressed power button for starting nothing happens
when pressed power button and Volume Down nothing happens to
who knows how to restore the phone

Last edited:

jeeper87

Reaction score
Finally signed up because I have to thank everyone for fixing my phone today.
I've been waiting 40 years -well not really 40 years, it was 39 years earlier this summer- for a phone call and it should be happening any day now and when I turned on my phone this morning it lite up but wouldn't turn on. I hit the power button again and that was it, it would not come back up.
I checked to see when the verizon store would open and being Sunday it opens at 11 just when we were to go to an anniversary party.
I held the power and vol button for at least a minute and when I released them it came back to life. To say I was elated would be an understatement.

This site has been my source to fix and get operational answers for my razr.

Thanks again!
Mike