Razor vs Bionic

DroidToro

Reaction score
I own both a Razor Maxx and Bionic

I own both a Razor Maxx and Bionic. I was issued the Maxx from my company. It's solid phone. Well constructed, outstanding battery life and a nice sharp screen. I decided to purchase a Bionic on Ebay to do an real-life comparison. Since the SIM card can be swapped, I decided to dialy-drive both for a while and decide which I liked more. In the end, the Bionic is my personal choice due to the following reasons: - Changeable battery: I like to charge batteries externally so I can quickly swap cells instead of having to tether my phone to wall power. I even carry charged spares with me. This is something I have done for years with other smart phones and I hated to give that up with the Razor. - Bionic lapdock: The Bionic fits nicely in the lapdock whereas every picture I have seen shows the Razor requiring a cable such that the phone dangles. - I did not look at specs but performance seems similar. That being said, there are things I like about both phones: Bionic: Solid phone that is thicker but feels "good in the hand". Razor Maxx: Thinner, stylish phone with nicer looking screen, although Bionic screen might be better for outdoors. Note that there is now a "Razor Maxx HD" that has better resolution. BTW, moving the SIM card from Razor Maxx to Bionic might require a SIM adapter. I was able to jury rig one by using an old large format SIM as a stencil. I used an exacto blad and some thin plastic to fashion it. The Max takes the smaller SIM card physical format. You might even get away with not using an adapter if you place it just right. It seemed to stay in there okay for me before I rigged up the adapter. ABTW, I am not interested in selling my razor. I will keep it as a backup.