Randomly cutting off...

powerwagon

Reaction score
My Droid is randomly cutting off and the only way to restart is by doing a battery pull. It started yesterday for no apparent reason...no kernel changes, nothing out of the ordinary. It did it once yesterday evening, then again this morning. I have BB v1.0 with P3 7slot 1.2 Ghz kernel running at 1ghz. Any ideas? I have installed a few apps over the last day or so, could an app do that to the phone? I honestly can't remember what I installed, but I may have to start uninstalling to see if that helps.

any ideas would be great.

thanks

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
is the P3 kernel one of the kernels listed in the BB V1 OP? I don't know if that could be the cause but pete does say to only use kernels her provides.

OP
powerwagon

powerwagon

Reaction score
It's not one that is listed, but I have had it running for 4-5 days with that kernel with 0 problems before yesterday evening. I suppose that could be it, but I really don't think so.

thanks though. May try one of his kernels if no one else chimes in.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah it could be anything, i just made the suggestion because of what pete wrote. I'm sure he wrote it for a reason, but no clue what that reason is hah...as for it being ok for 4-5 days, instability can still occur even if it doesn't occur right away, but like you said it could also be some app messing everything up.

The 1.2 bekit in the OP is good though, I tried it and it worked fine with cool temps.

beneharris

Reaction score
is the P3 kernel one of the kernels listed in the BB V1 OP? I don't know if that could be the cause but pete does say to only use kernels her provides.
this. flash one of the ones provided. there is one with the same clock speed, give it a shot and see what happens. that'll probably fix it

peteralfonso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Please use what I post in my OP, I will provide support for things I have provided. I can not troubleshoot things I have not used.