Random Verizon bloatware running in the background

GSdub510

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher EX and it shows what's running, and apparently Slacker Radio and Verizon "Apps" (neither of which I use) are running in the background. I have them on auto-kill which does nothing. My question is, do you use a task killer?

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Same with "Smart Actions" I don't use that. And why is Google Maps constantly running, haven't touched it in a week?

Caesars

Reaction score
I would like to know the same, well I'm sure it makes googorola and Verizon money....if it does I want my share!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't recommend using a third party app killer. Use the stock task manager, it keeps your device running as it should.

I also have those two apps running at times.. it doesn't hurt anything.

Also apps like Google books and other bloatware apps run from time to time.

The only way to fully stop them is to root, and freeze them.

Or yell at them, and threaten them.. but neither of these has done anything for me... ymmv :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Yeah, the only reason I rooted my Sammie was to freeze bloatware...might root this phone after ICS

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
ICS will allow you to freeze any app natively within the OS itself without the need for root or a separate app. Definitely one of the best ICS features in my book.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
ICS will allow you to freeze any app natively within the OS itself without the need for root or a separate app. Definitely one of the best ICS features in my book.

Agreed, that and screen capture :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
well if that's the case, i won't root. i don't like to play around with roms and all that stuff so i don't see why i would root lol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I actually use juice defended instead of smart actions or the stock manager. I purchased for my og droid because rommed and rooted that phone could not handle what I wanted to put it through and the battery was horrible. I have had very little success with smart actions or the stock TM(and I did try for a couple months before deciding to install JD).

In JD you can disable any app and unlike the stock TM, the app doesn't decide 2 secs later to start running again. Keep in mind when disabling apps that some are meant to run and are needed to run so if you disable the wrong ones, it will be a tug of war for them to want to keep running and will use more battery and resources fighting this tug of war.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use JD Ultimate. It helps, but I text with Google Voice, so its also a pain.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Juice Defender Ultimate. Try the free version first. I don't even remember what the paid version costs because I got it so long ago and, of course, play store only shows that I have it installed (or shows purchased when uninstalled).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums