Random Reboots! Can anything be done?

BullDroid

Reaction score
I love MIUI and I love all the features/themes and hard work that has been put into by everyone. But on every version of this rom I have ran so far I have had random reboot issues! And they arent hard reboots either they usually just go straight to the boot animation and also load up way quicker than if i was to reboot it myself. Always seems to happen either right after I get a text and want to check it or if I am streaming pandora or something of that nature. It can also happen out of the blue when my phone is jsut sitting there doing nothing. Also doesnt matter if the kernel is stock or not does it regardless.

Are the Devs aware of this? Am I the only one experiencing this problem? I know I have heard other mentions it here and there. But is there anything that can be done? At first I just kinda blew it off because it didnt happen very often but already today my phone has randomly rebooted 4 times :( and now it is getting on my nerves. I really love this rom and dont wanna switch but Im afraid the random reboots are gonna push me over the edge! Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks to everyone that puts all the hard work into this Rom! It really is great!

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had this problem when I first flashed this build. I think it was because I didn't wipe before installing. I have wiped and reflashed and everything is good now.

OP
B

BullDroid

Reaction score
I had this problem when I first flashed this build. I think it was because I didn't wipe before installing. I have wiped and reflashed and everything is good now.

Ive wiped before every flash and even this last time I wiped twice before flashing. Still get random reboots. I have been rooted and running Roms since the day it was possible so I'm not a noob when it comes to flashing. I do it the same way for all Roms and have never had this problem before. I wish I knew what the cause was though. I should also note that I do all my downloading from a computer because in my experience it is much more reliable than trying to do it from my phone so I dont think bad downloads would be the issue either.

Glad to hear at least some people dont have this issue. I have also come to realize that my phone is very picky/finicky with some Roms compared to others. No rhyme or reason but my phone always seems to have the "odd" issues lol

hoppermi

Reaction score
I've only had one "soft" reboot (that I witnessed), that said I understand that others have alot more. This ROM is still in BETA and they change stuff every week, making it hard to port and even harder to bug fix. If you can logcat one of these reboots and post it @ miui-dev.com then people who know how to fix this sort of thing can help. The releases from here on out should be becoming less drastic and more geared toward optimization and bug fixes. Here's hoping anyway...

OP
B

BullDroid

Reaction score
I've only had one "soft" reboot (that I witnessed), that said I understand that others have alot more. This ROM is still in BETA and they change stuff every week, making it hard to port and even harder to bug fix. If you can logcat one of these reboots and post it @ miui-dev.com then people who know how to fix this sort of thing can help. The releases from here on out should be becoming less drastic and more geared toward optimization and bug fixes. Here's hoping anyway...

Yeah Im just gonna wait it out and see what happens. today has just been an unusual day as far as the reboots have gone. Ive never had this many in one day.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
12.3 rebooted all the time. None on new build

Sent from the shadows of Kuro

OP
B

BullDroid

Reaction score
12.3 rebooted all the time. None on new build

Sent from the shadows of Kuro

hmmm I wish that was the case for me! but ive haved reboots on all builds I have flashed so far :( im chalking it up to my phone being picky.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
This is the reason why im back on UD. MIUI would at least reboot 5 times a day on me if not more. I tried changing kernals and wiped/didnt wipe. pretty much everything but the kitchen sink.

I still flash the new builds to see if the reboots stop but all of them have done it. Love the rom but the reboots are killer

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
This is an extremely common issue many are reporting i yet no Dev has said anything about it! i mean at least an acknowledgment would make me happy!! but this is like the second thread here, and there is one over at the MIUI-dev forum and still no answer :(

im with you love this ROM but these random reboots are killing me!! especially when it happened during a call!!

OP
B

BullDroid

Reaction score
This is an extremely common issue many are reporting i yet no Dev has said anything about it! i mean at least an acknowledgment would make me happy!! but this is like the second thread here, and there is one over at the MIUI-dev forum and still no answer :(

im with you love this ROM but these random reboots are killing me!! especially when it happened during a call!!

yeah so far i havent been doing anything too important when mine has done it but I know that day is coming soon :(. I might have to switch back to a different Rom as well. because I am also now having to re-download all my apps. Because after restoring them with MIUI backup they no longer recieve updates and the market doesnt recognize them as even being installed on my phone... *SIGH*

RedRumy3

Reaction score
Had a few on 12.3 but so far none on 12.11 so fingers crossed!

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
i have noticed a SLIGHT decrease when going to 12.11..but instead of about 4 a day..its about 2..3..lol! and not during a call so its a little better! but still would rather have NO reboots at all!