Random reboots after rooting

gruve

Reaction score
I rooted my phone last night, installed droid rom 1.0 then smoked glass rom. I overclocked my phone to 900mhz. It seems to be working fine but I am getting random reboots, 4 and counting since last night. Anyone know why?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
was you getting the reboot issue before or after the smoked glass

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Try slowing down to 800 mhz. I had some trouble with that when i first rooted. If that doesnt work, try a different rom and OC combination. I am running BB v1.2 and Chevys 1.2Ghz kernel at 1Ghz with no problems. I had some troubles with smoked glass and OC over 800mhz.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try slowing down to 800 mhz. I had some trouble with that when i first rooted. If that doesnt work, try a different rom and OC combination. I am running BB v1.2 and Chevys 1.2Ghz kernel at 1Ghz with no problems. I had some troubles with smoked glass and OC over 800mhz.

May be a good point, I know that them boys from droidmod removed the smoked glass from their rom. I am not saying the reason is because of that. But that may be an issue. Maybe try another theme.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score

Do you need to deinstall other roms before you add a new rom? Or can you install a rom on top of another? In my case, I installed droid mod 1.0 then installed smoked glass without clearing the droid mod.

rkcoll1

Reaction score

Do you need to deinstall other roms before you add a new rom? Or can you install a rom on top of another? In my case, I installed droid mod 1.0 then installed smoked glass without clearing the droid mod.

You can just install right over the other rom. Some have said to wipe data on phone and factory reset between roms but i have not had any issues putting new roms on without reset.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd try a different kernel or two first. Easy update.zip thing.

Which kernel do you suggest?

I'd go through this list:

OPTIONAL Kernels: (rename to update.zip and install using instructions below)
-Stock 550 MHz
-t3hSteve's 600 MHz (Already Included)
-t3hSteve's 1 GHz
-AdamZ's 1.1 GHz
-DroidMod's 1.2 GHz (a.k.a. Sholes.info)
-ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.2 GHz
-ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.25 GHz

They are from Pete's page on Alldroid and they are for the 2.01 roms. I used all of them when I was running the 2.01 roms and they all worked great for me. I used the 1.25 the longest. Good luck.

Oh, here' s the page they cam from: [ROM 2.0.1] Bugless Beast V1.2 (3/1/10) STABLE

There are directions there too for the update.zip method.