Random rebooting and/or shutting down

eversonsc

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the phone just rebooting itself or shutting down without notice? I've had the phone since it came out and this has happened 3 times so far.

Zer0Beast

Reaction score
I have, mine reboots or locks up at least once every couple of hours. I have to return mine and swap it out for a new one.

I've noticed other people have had this issue too. Just take it back and have them swap it out.

noordzy77

Reaction score
Mine was doing this, and I was also having an issue with being unable to text aprticular person, wasn't using Area code even though it was in the contact info. Verizon swapped out my phone and I have been golden since.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Luckily I haven't had any of those issues (yet), but that doesn't mean I won't, with my luck.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
Ok so if you go and swap it out are you able to transfer the configuration somehow? Or will I have to set up the new phone all over again?

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
When your phone randomly reboots does it show the Motorola M? Mine started doing that today and has done it twice

Zer0Beast

Reaction score
Ok so if you go and swap it out are you able to transfer the configuration somehow? Or will I have to set up the new phone all over again?
You would have to set up your settings on the phone again. but all of your contacts and applications you downloaded from the marketplace should all be put back once you set up your gmail account on the new phone

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Did you end up returning yours..did you have to prove it to them or did they just give you a new one?

Guindalf

Reaction score
I'm just home from getting a replacement for this problem. It is known to them in the stores and they will swap it out with no problems. I had not sent in my MIR yet, so that was not an issue for me.

I can confirm that, if they swap the memory card with your old phone, all the apps remain. All you need to do is re-pair Bluetooth and repopulate your main screen(s).

tarheel316

Reaction score
I'm on my second droid. The first one kept powering down. Verizon gladly exchanged phones and took the SD card out of the old one and into the new since I already had images on it. The new phone is doing fine.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
I just returned mine today because of the rebooting problem. The tech told me that the apps etc are sync'd with my gmail account. I took the SD card from the old phone and put it in the new one. Once I added my main Gmail account to the new phone most of the settings were the same. My background image was the same and the apps were still there. I had to re-drag them onto the screen from the main menu but they were still there. I had to re-add the rest of my email accounts and had to personalize the ringtone and notification ringtone as well. I am back up and running and so far so good.

S281

Reaction score
How often would u qualify rebooting a problem. Mine reboots maybe 3 or 4 times a day? Should i exchange mine?

Spartan

Reaction score
How often would u qualify rebooting a problem. Mine reboots maybe 3 or 4 times a day? Should i exchange mine?

Yep that would qualify for me! I've had mine since last Friday and haven't had a single reboot. If it did it more than a couple time a week, I exchange it.

kdanielson

Reaction score
I would say that would definitely qualify. Mine was doing the same thing. I took it back, they exchanged without problem, and the new one has been troublefree!