Random pictures showing up in my gallery

molloybe

Reaction score
Hope this hasn't been asked before (didn't come up with anything searching the forum). I've been finding random pictures showing up in my photo gallery over the last few days. Every afternoon, a collection of 4 or so pictures shows up in a "Featured" folder in my gallery. The only thing i can think of, is that (after updating to 2.1) i downloaded a random wallpaper app as a test (Mabilo) because i saw somebody mention that they couldn't download from the market after going 2.1. But i also uninstalled the app immediately.

Maybe if they were good wallpapers this wouldn't bother me...but they're not...they're pretty terrible.

Anybody else run into anything like this before?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hope this hasn't been asked before (didn't come up with anything searching the forum). I've been finding random pictures showing up in my photo gallery over the last few days. Every afternoon, a collection of 4 or so pictures shows up in a "Featured" folder in my gallery. The only thing i can think of, is that (after updating to 2.1) i downloaded a random wallpaper app as a test (Mabilo) because i saw somebody mention that they couldn't download from the market after going 2.1. But i also uninstalled the app immediately.

Maybe if they were good wallpapers this wouldn't bother me...but they're not...they're pretty terrible.

That's where they're coming from. (Mabilo). Can't say why you're still getting them after uninstalling, but you might try looking to see if you have any other "wallpaper" apps that you don't recognize. (Mabilo has a way of spawning additional sources of "wallpapers," I noticed.) If you don't find any or uninstalling them doesn't help, you might try installing Mabilo again and looking at the settings to see if you can turn off an option that downloads wallpapers, then uninstall again.

grinchy

Reaction score
have you hooked phone to computer and ran a disk defrag? i did and thats what happened to me as well.......

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I have not, i would imagine it's one of that apps that is still installed on your phone. If that app in question was already removed it wouldn't continue to download randomly into your phone still.

OP
M

molloybe

Reaction score
If you don't find any or uninstalling them doesn't help, you might try installing Mabilo again and looking at the settings to see if you can turn off an option that downloads wallpapers, then uninstall again.
I reinstalled, but Mabilo apparently doesn't have much in the way of settings options. Just a few options to control slideshows. I've deleted it again, and removed the lingering Mabilo folder in Astro...so i guess i'll have to wait and see if this keeps happening.

have you hooked phone to computer and ran a disk defrag? i did and thats what happened to me as well.......
I've only had my droid for about a month so far, so no, i haven't really bothered with defragging yet.

OP
M

molloybe

Reaction score
hmm

it just occurred to me that I have Zedge on there as well. I've never had a problem with it before...but i think it may have received an update lately. so maybe that's the culprit. Zedge barely has any setting to speak of either...guess i'll try uninstalling that next.