Quickpull????

docbest74

Reaction score
So I converted from BB storm to droid about 8 hrs ago. Oh my...why did I wait. I loved my storm despite the bugs but this phone is silly good!

I was looking for an app like Quickpull that simulates battery pull without physically pulling the battery. Anybody know of one out there??? Honestly the marketplace is so freaking big that I am overwhelm in a good way!!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I converted from BB storm to droid about 8 hrs ago. Oh my...why did I wait. I loved my storm despite the bugs but this phone is silly good!

I was looking for an app like Quickpull that simulates battery pull without physically pulling the battery. Anybody know of one out there??? Honestly the marketplace is so freaking big that I am overwhelm in a good way!!!
Welcome to the Droid from the BB Storm - guess what? Battery pulls are a thing of the past :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:. Therefore, you don't need the Quickpull app. (It was great on the Storm)....but not needed anymore.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need it for the Droid. To power down, just hold the power button and hit power off. If your phone freezes, you will need to do an actual battery pull because you obviously wouldn't be able to open an app to do it.

OP
D

docbest74

Reaction score
REALLY???

The reason I asked is I do run task killer and it shows memory up in the corner. I did a battery pull just because and I notice the memory went up a bunch....I thought maybe it was something that was good to do from time to time to clean up memory.

Or is there another app I should be running to keep my memory clean????

And hell to the yes on the droid...this phone keeps amazing me...my wife is not to happy she got it for me cause I have been playing with this thing all day!!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

PhatTimmy

Reaction score
REALLY???

The reason I asked is I do run task killer and it shows memory up in the corner. I did a battery pull just because and I notice the memory went up a bunch....I thought maybe it was something that was good to do from time to time to clean up memory.

Or is there another app I should be running to keep my memory clean????

And hell to the yes on the droid...this phone keeps amazing me...my wife is not to happy she got it for me cause I have been playing with this thing all day!!
It took me about a week or two to get out of the Storm frame of mind, trying to increase my memory, shutting down apps running in the background. I feel so much better now. :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This device isn't a Storm. It's ok.... it's not your fault... we were all fooled (well not all but a lot) by RIM and the BB Storm. Batt pulls, OS leaks, Quickpull apps, free memory obsession!

Those days are behind you... no need for battery pulls daily, no leaked OSes to make the phone work, and no free memory worries.... delete Task killer and enjoy the device!
:byestorm::byeBB: