Quick Office or Documents To Go

Seapup

Reaction score
I used Documents To Go on my Palm, but was wondering which is the best in the Android?

I'm using Documents to Go on my Droid X and MotoDroid and it's been working exceptionally well for my read/write needs (.doc, .xls and .pdf files). I researched for only a few days last November before springing for this app... would also love to hear if anyone has found a better app and the pros/cons of your choice over the full version of Documents to Go....

OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
Quick Office is pretty nice on the I phone but DTG always seemed to open up my spreadsheets without showing jpeg logos on them. The free version you can not zoom the file back enough to show the whole document in word or sheet. I was just wondering if you could do that in the Full version? The both only cost $15 so I guess I could try both and make up my own mind.

Seapup

Reaction score
Quick Office is pretty nice on the I phone but DTG always seemed to open up my spreadsheets without showing jpeg logos on them. The free version you can not zoom the file back enough to show the whole document in word or sheet. I was just wondering if you could do that in the Full version? The both only cost $15 so I guess I could try both and make up my own mind.

You can zoom from 25%-200% in the full version of DTG. Not sure if there is a custom zoom setting outside this range.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I used Documents To Go on my Palm, but was wondering which is the best in the Android?

I'm using Documents to Go on my Droid X and MotoDroid and it's been working exceptionally well for my read/write needs (.doc, .xls and .pdf files). I researched for only a few days last November before springing for this app... would also love to hear if anyone has found a better app and the pros/cons of your choice over the full version of Documents to Go....

I remember this app. Ill have to try it on the DX. Where do you save your docs? On the sd card? If not, how do you backup your work to your pc?

Thanks.

OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
I think you have to have the full version of either to be able to save and edit. The free versions only let you look at certain documents.

Seapup

Reaction score
I remember this app. Ill have to try it on the DX. Where do you save your docs? On the sd card? If not, how do you backup your work to your pc?

Thanks.

Yes... to the SD card in a folder I created for synchronization with my desktop and laptop.

OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
Just what I expected, DTG did not show me the jpeg logos in the spreadhseets, It shows graphs but no logos that companies put on their spreadsheets. I am downloading Quick Office now to see if it is any better. The free version does show the logos, but so did the free version of DTG, not sure why it was not in the full version. I will let you know what I find out.
Well quick office did show me jpegs in the spreadsheets. Its pretty lame software tho. but for now I guess it will have to do.

Last edited:
OP
jst4fun

jst4fun

Reaction score
I agree. but with no company logo on spreadsheets its not great either. I have used DTG for about 10 or more years now on all of my PALM phones.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I personally use DTG and right now, until 7/30/2010, they are having an upgrade sale. From the email I got, if you have the free viewer version, you can upgrade to the full app for $9.99 until the 30th. Might want to check it out if you are considering upgrading. www.dataviz.com I am not sure exactly where you need to go, but shouldn't be hard to figure out. I already have the full version and I love it for my school stuff when I need to do last minute editing and don't have my flash drive with me to do it a computer or aren't near a computer at the moment.

cwebb

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!

Gottit!

I used D2G on PalmOS, with the complimentary version, and it comes in handy now and then.

Worth $10, but not sure if I'd pay $30.

HawaiiDroidX

Reaction score
ok i have problems viewing a spreadsheet document that i get emailed to me and i tried opening it and this little screen comes up and says "quick office, file cannot be opened" so i read this thread about "documents to go" so i DL the free one and then try to open the file from my email, then it says it cant open it because its a RTF file. so if i get the full version will it open? or is there another app i have to DL? thanks for ur help..sorry about the long post..

smg69

Reaction score
I have been using Documents to go and even got my boss to use it and we both find it to work exceptionally well. No issues or bugs as of yet and I have used it on a droid and my new Droid X.

deltasebring

Reaction score
Documents to Go

Loved Documents to Go on my Blackberry, but not so much on the Droid. Have questions that FAQ's on their website don't answer, can't find an email address for them, called the "203" number listed on their website and got an option to leave a message. Obviously Customer Service is lacking, at best, if you ever need it.