Quick Charge

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There was a rumor that the G4 supported Quick Charging. It doesn't. Charges quicker than some other phones but no faster than my Optimus G Plus.

Just an fyi.

Fortunately the Aukey Quick Charger will work on 5v 9v and 12v devices so I can still use it for everything else too.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I thought it wasn't a rumor, but a statement from LG that it did indeed support quick charging. Just LG didn't ship it with a charger for it, you had to get your own.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
LG said that while it did not do anything to have its new flagship support Quick Charge 2.0, the functionality is built into the Snapdragon 808 SoC. But that is only half the game. Quick Charge 2.0 requires a special adapter that supports the technology. LG does not offer this in the box with the phone.
"At the end of the day, we see Quick Charge as a nice-to-have, not a must-have, since we offer a replacement battery. This is what we’ll continue to focus on."-LG

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought it was an LG statement too. But some research last night would/could not find anything on their site. The only thing I could find was wireless charging and that requires a special case from LG. My G4 charged from 37% to 100% in about 70 minutes which is not actually all that bad compared with some phones.

I couldn't find anything about any adapter for Quick Charge.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
In order to do quick charging, you need the crappy circle view case. That's the only one I've seen so far that supports it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The g3 was the same way. I paid for a sticker, and 4 different backs. None of them would work right for qi charge.. Only that circle case

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Quick charge definitely works on the G4 if you have a quick charge charger that's compatible. I used the charger from my Note 4, and quick charge worked like a charm. No special battery cover needed for it (that's only necessary for wireless charging).

Supposedly LG will be issuing an update at some point that will make the quick charge feature compatible with more quick charge chargers. Quick charge should work with any quick charge charger, but the unofficial implementation on the G4 limits compatibility at this point.