Quick advice needed

mgrande

Reaction score
Hi guys, I currently have a LG G3 with an Hyperion 6k battery. I have no real issues with the phone except that I'm on my 3rd SIM card this week (second today) and can't keep having it go down with a pregnant wife that may need to get a hold of me. Is the Note 5 still a great phone? I know it's been out a while but it doesn't look like there's anything newer that's better. Is the Note 6 coming out soon? I'm not sure how long I'll have service so I needed to make a decision quick and can't properly do research like I normally would. Any help is much appreciated.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I still love my Note 5, no issues with it. I guess, "soon", would be a matter of interpretation. The Note line usually comes out ~ August, the Galaxy S7 will be out before the Note 6. If you need something quickly I could recommend the Note 5.

If you don't see yourself caring about the S-Pen, or you need to root/mod your phone, maybe go with a Nexus 6P? Or if you would like a smaller one, the Nexus 5X has been on sale lately, I hear good things about that as well. Also, the One Plus X is available now without an invite if you are looking for cheaper way to go.

Lot of options out there.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Love my Note 5. I think the only other phone I choose over it would be the Droid Turbo 2. Loved my Droid Turbo. Battery life was awesome. Turbo 2 is supposed to be right there with better performance.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
@Sydman recommendations are on the money. You can't go wrong with any of those devices.

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
Thanks guys. About to head to the store and get the Note 5. I would consider the motto because I like big batteries but I can't deal with their sub par cameras. My last motto phone was the final straw for me.