Questions about the Droid 2 vs Droid 1

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok.

As i'm on the fence about keeping a Droid 2 or keeping my Droid 1 I need some info from other Droid 2 owners that either had a Droid 1 or has used one.

I need to know by comparison. Droid 2 to Droid 1

Is the camera equal or better on the droid 2 for taking outdoor pictures. Is the color represented well like the Droid 1?

Is Blur harder to use vs stock Google on the Droid 1?

How loud is the speaker for music on the Droid 2 vs the Droid 1?

Is there any distortion when using the speaker for music at high volumes on the Droid 2?

How durable is the Droid 2 vs Droid 1 since there is more plastic for construction vs metal on the Droid 1?

Is the camera lens more protected on the Droid 2 since the 2 does not have the hump on the top part of the phone like the Droid 1 has?

How good is the signals (WiFi, Cellular) on the Droid 2 vs the Droid 1?

Can ANY backups be made on the Droid 2 (via a nandroid style) on the Droid 2, since the bootloader is locked?

How easy is it to root and unroot the Droid 2 vs Droid 1 (with the 1 a file is loaded and ran)?

Thanks!

leakim13

Reaction score
Ok.

As i'm on the fence about keeping a Droid 2 or keeping my Droid 1 I need some info from other Droid 2 owners that either had a Droid 1 or has used one.

I need to know by comparison. Droid 2 to Droid 1

Is the camera equal or better on the droid 2 for taking outdoor pictures. Is the color represented well like the Droid 1?
D2 is better but its not a nikon

Is Blur harder to use vs stock Google on the Droid 1?
Opinions vary. I love the organization, but you can remove if rooted.

How loud is the speaker for music on the Droid 2 vs the Droid 1? About the same

Is there any distortion when using the speaker for music at high volumes on the Droid 2?
Not really

How durable is the Droid 2 vs Droid 1 since there is more plastic for construction vs metal on the Droid 1?
Haven't smashed mine yet and I got naked (unprotected)

Is the camera lens more protected on the Droid 2 since the 2 does not have the hump on the top part of the phone like the Droid 1 has?
No issues

How good is the signals (WiFi, Cellular) on the Droid 2 vs the Droid 1?
D2 is Better all around for me up in the woods.

Can ANY backups be made on the Droid 2 (via a nandroid style) on the Droid 2, since the bootloader is locked?
Yup

How easy is it to root and unroot the Droid 2 vs Droid 1 (with the 1 a file is loaded and ran)?
Very simple is you are able to download and hit a few buttons
Thanks!

Sent from the great north woods