Questions about LGB 0.5 and the Toolbox and Overclock apps

billyfj

Reaction score
First before i start getting flamed, I have looked and haven't seen this discussed, if I missed it I apologize. I came from 2.01 to LGB 0.1 to the 0.5 with the updated kernel. I did the following twice between each install, data wipe, cache wipe and Dalvik cache. The issues I am having is with the Donate Liberty Toolbox and the Droid Overclock app. I have uninstalled and re downloaded both from the Market. When I try to make changes in the Build editor on both apps, it says its not supported for my device. Also when I try to clear the SD cache, it starts but never finishes. And it seem like Overclock app in general is either very sluggish or just not working well. I know that Quadrant Advanced is not the "Tell-all" when your trying to benchmark your phone, but my scores are about 200-300 lower than with 2.01 with the same overclock settings. If anyone has seen this or knows if this is normal or a fix if possible. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You in advance

kilahimm

Reaction score
In your build.prop what do the following show:

ro.product.model
ro.product.brand
ro.product.name
ro.product.device

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
I apologize. It is a Motorola Droid X, Guess I assumed since its a Droid X forum that everyone would know. My Bad. Android 2.3.3 Baseband BP_C_01.09.12P System version 4.5.591.MB810.Verizon Rom Liberty GB v0.5

kilahimm

Reaction score
I apologize. It is a Motorola Droid X, Guess I assumed since its a Droid X forum that everyone would know. My Bad. Android 2.3.3 Baseband BP_C_01.09.12P System version 4.5.591.MB810.Verizon Rom Liberty GB v0.5

My bad, didn't mean for it to seem like I didn't think you had a droid x. I was thinking you might be having issues with those apps because your build.prop file might been changed. Some people had issues with those apps when they changed those settings to try and trick the Netflix app.

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score

My bad, didn't mean for it to seem like I didn't think you had a droid x. I was thinking you might be having issues with those apps because your build.prop file might been changed. Some people had issues with those apps when they changed those settings to try and trick the Netflix app.

No problem at all. I do have the netflix app with the fix that Jrummy put up, but I did not change anything myself. I just installed the fix he put out with the D2 Bootstrap app

kilahimm

Reaction score
If that's the case my initial suspicion probably isn't correct, sorry.

falseprofits

Reaction score
If that's the case my initial suspicion probably isn't correct, sorry.

So it sound like these apps are working correctly with Liberty GBv0.5 for other people, and it's not a problem with everyone ?

I use both Droid Overclock and of course Liberty Toolbox - both of which are working fine.

I would suggest reflashing Liberty 0.5 on top of itself. That would fix any issues you might have.

I was having the same problem on Zombie Stomped... I was scoring like 1200 on Zombie Stomped .595 with a 1.35ghz overclock and it was slow beyond belief... I'm not sure if it has something to do with a screwed build.prop or if somehow busybox got messed up...

In any event, that's what I would do and see if that resolves that issue.