Question? Working with the framework-res.apk and apkmanager 4.8

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For framework, all you need to do is Options 9, make edits, 11, move unsigned.apk to "batch optimize" folder, 15, hit z to zipalign, and then rename, put it in an update.zip, and install....

And I hate 4.9, I use it when I have to but other than making you remember EVERYTHING you edited, I see no difference.... other than 4.8 always works....lol....:)
I appreciate the instructions, as soon as I get a min Ill try again.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow, I have tried everything I think and I still get boot loops and it is driving me crazy. Something so simple like changing system text, well I guess its not that simple because I cant do it. Here I have ported an awesome theme (Linear awesome work bgill/skurtz) and I have black on black. I hate to even bring this up, but if anyone has a minute and wants to take my "framework-res.apk" and change the system text (menu text) to white I would appreciate it or better yet if you know what my problem is I would rather know what Im doing wrong.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I followed kookadoo's tut for changing system font color and it worked great.. it's in his neverending theme or something... not sure if that will help ya. Another Idea is to compare UD and CM's xml's cause I think they're reversed.. cm has a white bg for the menu w/ black text and UD is opposite..

glhelinski

Reaction score
can you point me to kookadoo's tut? can't find kookadoo anything. thanks

I followed kookadoo's tut for changing system font color and it worked great.. it's in his neverending theme or something... not sure if that will help ya. Another Idea is to compare UD and CM's xml's cause I think they're reversed.. cm has a white bg for the menu w/ black text and UD is opposite..

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-fusion/83016-kooks-never-ending-theme-log.html here it is... it's just a couple color changes. TheBowers made some tuts as well.. hope it help... :)

glhelinski

Reaction score
"ah"...thanks. kookAHdoo appreciate it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-fusion/83016-kooks-never-ending-theme-log.html here it is... it's just a couple color changes. TheBowers made some tuts as well.. hope it help... :)