Question Regarding NE2

sphen22

Reaction score
Hello so my Fiancee has a seperate VZW account and just recently used her NE2 for an LG Ally. She loves the phone but the battery has bugged her. She upgraded last week. So she wants to be the sweethart that she is and return the Ally and get the Droid X. Then give me the X and she takes my Droid.

So does Verizon allow that?

Thanks in advance

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would be allowed but they might try to get you for an activation fee. Having seperate accounts they would activate the DX with her phone number and link it to her account. To switch phones, there would probably be a $35 activation fee a peice for both phones, as if you bought them from a third party. You should ask a Verizon Rep, if you just tell them what you are trying to do they might do It for free or at a discounted rate and you would get lucky twice, once with the DX, and once with free/discounted activation. Oh yeah, and one more time for the Fiancee who would give you a DX!

stam101

Reaction score
I have an NE2 question... My LG Dare just died on me. MY NE2 is up Aug. 11th. I just reactivated my VX8300:( How hard is it to get a Customer Service rep at a VZW store to bump my NE2 a month? I think I'm one of the last ones that still has $100 to upgrade to new phone. I can wait untill aug. but i would like to be able to get the X on the 15th. $99 with mail in rebate is too good to pass up.:icon_ banana:

didiwags

Reaction score
I have an NE2 question... My LG Dare just died on me. MY NE2 is up Aug. 11th. I just reactivated my VX8300:( How hard is it to get a Customer Service rep at a VZW store to bump my NE2 a month? I think I'm one of the last ones that still has $100 to upgrade to new phone. I can wait untill aug. but i would like to be able to get the X on the 15th. $99 with mail in rebate is too good to pass up.:icon_ banana:
Call on the 11th, a lot of times if it is withing 30 days they will switch the upgrade!!! Have them note it in your account so on the 15th you can get the X. If the first rep does not do it keep calling!

dangerous

Reaction score
I read Tparkers Repsonse and I dont' think it will work.
If you fiance gets the DX then takes it off her account, she will pay the ETF i'm sure, or she will be stuck paying for a data plan for the life of the contract (2 years).

She could activate the DroidX on her account, then activate a different smart phone (maybe your old smartphone ) in her (DX's) place, then you could activate the DX on your account. She now has as new 2 year agreement on an old Smartphone, and you get a DX with no contract extension. Do it on line and i don't think you would have activation fees..

Thats sounds right to me.

OP
sphen22

sphen22

Reaction score
you can activate a different phone online?

Reaction score
Easiest way is to have a third phone, OP. She would get the X, switch it for the third phone, then you take her X, swap it for your Droid the switch the Droid for the third phone. I would do all of this online as a Rep would probably charge you for the problem.

OP
sphen22

sphen22

Reaction score
Easiest way is to have a third phone, OP. She would get the X, switch it for the third phone, then you take her X, swap it for your Droid the switch the Droid for the third phone. I would do all of this online as a Rep would probably charge you for the problem.

I am a little confused about the third phone idea. Are you saying that she sets up a second phone on her account or mine? As we are not on a joint plan? Or another line altogether?

dangerous

Reaction score
That third phone would have to be a SmartPhone as that will be her new phone, REPLACing the DROID X. I think that is what Claudio was saying..

That leaves the DROID X Available for you to put on your line.

Your Phone would become an available phone

and, your Fiances original phone would also become available at the start of the process

Last edited:

may0799

Reaction score
it's like this

you have phone 1, phone 2, and phone 3. you have line a "yours" and line B "hers" you cannot activate phone 1 or 2 on another line while they are already in use. You have to activate phone 3 on lineA then phone 1 is available to be used on line B. then you take phone 2 and activate it on lineA. The third phone is basically a place holder to do this online without any fees.

oh yea! the data plan is not part of the contract and can be cancelled without penalty if you go back to a "dumb" phone.

Last edited:

dangerous

Reaction score
The third phone would be the new Droid that she is buying then.

Now you are going to have 4 phones in the mix, cause she will need to put a SMARTPHONE on her line for good.

OP
sphen22

sphen22

Reaction score
oh ok. So no other line needed. You are just saying that I need an extra smartphone like my old storm 2 to switch for her X then I take the X then she switches the storm for my droid.

Got it THanks!