question about spontaneous rebooting and ADW

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Seems like since updating ADW launcher my phone seems to reboot on its own. Most of the time from what I remember when being unlocked. Now I also have been using more live wallpapers lately too. Anyone else seem to be having more reboots since updating ADW? Or is it more likely something with having live wallpaper? I have tried several different wallpapers, too.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like since updating ADW launcher my phone seems to reboot on its own. Most of the time from what I remember when being unlocked. Now I also have been using more live wallpapers lately too. Anyone else seem to be having more reboots since updating ADW? Or is it more likely something with having live wallpaper? I have tried several different wallpapers, too.

Simple and plain fact: Droids don't reset unless something is causing it. It's really up to you to see if it's the launcher or the wallpaper. Or maybe you are running a task killer or antivirus?

I'd try taking out the launcher first. If it still does it and you don't have task killers or antivirus installed, then a factory data reset may be in order. You can of course remove your wall papers before doing that if you prefer.

OP
S

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Yeah,..I did remove ADW and went to a static wallpaper, I was just hoping there could be a trail of others having this problem with ADW making it easier to try and figure out. And the only AV I have is lookout thats been on the phone since day 1.

But thank you for the suggestions...

OP
S

Stevessvt

Reaction score
OK, so it did it again even after removing ADW and fixing a static pic for my background.
Any one have any luck fixing this by clearing system cache?

bloodmut

Reaction score
having the same problem...running adw updated but noticed it with launcherpro too so I assume it's not the launcher...:/ me no like random reboots...makes my brow sweat!

sephtin

Reaction score
By chance was weatherbug one of the widgets you were using?

Have seen reports of removing weatherbug as a solution to fix some reboots... (usually on ROMs, but *shrug*.. might be related (?)).