Question about Power Control Widget

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
A quick post - I'm at work and the FedEx man just delivered my Droid at home :-(
On the power control widget, if you have the wifi icon on, does the Droid stay connected to your wifi network at home and when it gets out of range does it automatically connect to the 3G network, or do you have to uncheck the wifi button. Silly little question, I know.

Come on 4:00!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A quick post - I'm at work and the FedEx man just delivered my Droid at home :-(
On the power control widget, if you have the wifi icon on, does the Droid stay connected to your wifi network at home and when it gets out of range does it automatically connect to the 3G network, or do you have to uncheck the wifi button. Silly little question, I know.

Come on 4:00!

Once it loses it's signal it will automatically switch over to 3G, however I do try to remember to do it myself. And I'm leaving the house right now so thanks for reminding me. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you leave wi-fi enabled.... doesn't it constantly search for a network if one isn't available? which would kill battery life? Maybe I'm wrong here... feel free to correct me :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you leave wi-fi enabled.... doesn't it constantly search for a network if one isn't available? which would kill battery life? Maybe I'm wrong here... feel free to correct me :)

That's what I would think...that's how I've always took it...

stanrc

Reaction score
Yes, if you leave wifi on without being connected it will drain your battery quicker. Just like if you are in an area with poor cell reception. The wifi will be constantly probing.