Question about camera apps for the Droid

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Been too busy over the last several weeks learning about all of the other features of my Droid and I haven't really even tried out the camera yet. In reading the forums I remember passing over a few different threads about camera apps. Basically what will these camera apps do??? Are they more for picture editing and effects or do they actually affect the way the camera works. Do any of them launch with the camera or do you have to do a separate launch??/ Any suggestions on which ones to check out and what exactly they do??? We are hitting two concerts next weekend and I want to try to get some good shots. Anything that might help doing this would be a plus.

Dr01d

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this also. Basically I'm looking for something that improves the camera actual performance, not a picture editing program to use after the fact. =)

cb2000a

Reaction score
I use pro-zoom and it works quite well. I like the 5x zoom feature which is a slider bar on the touchscreen. The pictures are better too as the colors are more accurate.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use pro-zoom and it works quite well. I like the 5x zoom feature which is a slider bar on the touchscreen. The pictures are better too as the colors are more accurate.

+1 Same here, great app....

You can make the app the default to use the camera just like making handcent the default for text messaging.