Question about Android pay security

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I was looking into Android pay
Question

1)If your phone is unlocked and nfc is on and Google pay is set up you only have to tap at the checkout and I am not sure if you get prompted for fingerprint or not or if if just active when phones unlocked

2) if you use Android Visa checkout while logged on to Google on a PC website I don't believe it prompts you on your phone.

I think security could be improved if their was a prompt to use your finger print for each transaction it would be more secure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
my understanding is, if the phone is unlock, it will not ask for verification.

I don't use it because I use samsung pay when I use a credit card. however whichever one my bank decides to support will get my total support.

fingerprint might be more secure on the pc but since you have to sign into an account in most cases when you purchase, then that is the verification. you can always get a fingerprint scanner for your pc to make it more secure to log into sites.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Android Pay has prompted me for my PIN / Pattern a few times even when the phone is already unlocked. I don't remember where or why, don't use it often, just that some terminals seem to trigger a second verification and others do not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Android Pay has prompted me for my PIN / Pattern a few times even when the phone is already unlocked. I don't remember where or why, don't use it often, just that some terminals seem to trigger a second verification and others do not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

why do stores have to be so inconsistent :-(