Quake video. best big 3d game

sinner1979

Reaction score
whats the best game you know of for the droid :motdroidhoriz:?
and if you know of a better 3d shooter / game or of 1 coming out let me know. :icon_ devil: this game stors 267 mb file on sd card .

check out the video i made.:icon_eek:

[video=youtube;-9Q3NK3iO7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Q3NK3iO7w[/video]

LordKastle

Reaction score
Runs fluid for a fast and frantic shooter like Quake.

Wonder if someone would allow us to flip it upside down to use the Dpad on left.
Oh and you won't find a better shooter...period. No current FPS can match the raw grit and grimness that the classic Quake or Doom have.

Delirious17

Reaction score
I have my own .pak files so if I get the quake app am I able to use my own .pak files and if so...how?

chomorro

Reaction score
ARe you playing quake platinum? Some comments in the market say it doesn't work with the droid

OP
S

sinner1979

Reaction score
market is wrong man look at the video its working lol quake platinum is alive:icon_ devil:

sqchram

Reaction score
I posted this in the Quake thread, but since there seems to be some interest here, I'll repost it.

I've been editing the config.cfg file to save the keymappings that I want - I've got most of them down 'Q' 'A' for left, 'W' forward, 'E' 'D' for right, 'S' for back, 'D-pad and press' for look and attack, 'shift' for jump, del (backspace) for menu, and 'c' for console, crosshair '1' for on, 'z' weapon change.

The attached file config.txt rename to config.cfg and copy it over in your
quake/id1 folder - first rename your original config.cfg as a backup like configbak.cfg or something similar.

Its not really refined, and there may be other changes that would make the interface better - anyone feel free to modify, update and post.

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
Looks cool but I would prefer on screen controls. The d-pad just feels to stiff.

mastermindnate

Reaction score
this is just the beginning :) once everyone realizes the power of the droid, games like this will become the norm... just like the iPhone.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Someone might possibly make a game controller to plug into the micro usb port and then you will have better controls. This is just the beginning/someday kids will say "what!? there was a day when you could NOT play an mmo on a phone?"

Tumaz04

Reaction score
Can you imagine playing this with a trackball? Aiming and changing direction would be so smooth. Awesome vid by the way. Can't wait to get mine.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone might possibly make a game controller to plug into the micro usb port and then you will have better controls. This is just the beginning/someday kids will say "what!? there was a day when you could NOT play an mmo on a phone?"

Why not bluetooth instead of microUSB?

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Heh, I just wish they had Wolfenstein... That would be sweet.