qik.com live streaming

A

apeshitninja

Anyone use it? I tried it out with my Droid and a laptop in front of me, there was about a 10 second delay with the Droid connected to WiFi, but the quality was great.

You can upload videos that you take with the Qik app, or stream live.... And you can set it up to post to Twitter, FB, and the usual. Pretty cool app IMO.

barbee

Reaction score
used it a couple of times. made the girlfriend pissed when i tol her to go to this random webpage and there she was. she screamed NO MAKEUP!!!!

anewday

Reaction score
I tested it yesterday over 3G and there's about a 5 second delay. This is an awesome app. Are there any others that do live video streaming?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I can't get it to stream. I've tried about 10 times. It's either a black screen or a still shot. I waited for several minutes and it never played.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
where are you finding the option for streaming? I don't see it on the pages.

barbee

Reaction score
i think it will only stream if you have a very good connection or are on wifi. i tried it with a 3g conn. and it didnt stream. but it did upload the video when i was finished to qik.com

brianr0131

Reaction score
I have never had a problem streaming. You need to be at the main page though qik.com/userXXX it automatically pops up.

Also, you probably have to be broadcasting as public. Check that setting as well.

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
I've used it a couple times and its pretty sweet. I have to remember to hold the phone sideways though... always get my vid messed up when i forget!!

JLB09

Reaction score
Never heard of this app at all (qik) , it sure seems loaded with possibilities.

gruve

Reaction score
I use it every now and then, works well, good video quality plus sound. There is a delay of up to 10 seconds, works well over 3G. Check out the qik site, they have all kinds of videos to even Demi Moore posting. It's best used with a lot of light or outside.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I like QIK, just played around with it but it is alot faster way to start shootig video then loading camera, and I kinda like the "Recorded on my Droid" label on the videos.. or similiar saying it says.. not to intrusive like the Ipod when people email you from it, you get like 3 lines of blank space then the "Sent from my Iphone"

anewday

Reaction score
The sound on this is great. I wish there is an option to set a password to view the videos during streaming (not after it's done recording). Sure you can set it to private later but others are still able to see it.

mitchb2

Reaction score
The sound on this is great. I wish there is an option to set a password to view the videos during streaming (not after it's done recording). Sure you can set it to private later but others are still able to see it.

I agree. I was just doing a test run and looking around my living room, and complete strangers were posting comments. That's creepy!

Hopefully they'll implement a password system so you can give it to friends and family along with the link.

Last edited: