[Q] Top 10 Custom ROMs for Droid 1 (Verizon)

storo1975

Reaction score
Hey folks.

I am still new in the Droid community and I am always up for learning. I had my Droid 1 for almost a couple of years and just recently updated to the Droid Razr. I now use my old Droid to essentially play around with rooting and now am getting a bit more into roms and such.

For the longest, I had the Bugless Beast ROM on it and I thought it was great. I installed yesterday MIUI and thought that was better. I figured I hope on here and through out a general question to the experienced ones in the hopes of learning more.

If you could, which would be the top roms you would use on the Droid 1? I know I heard about Ultimate Droid (having asked last year myself where I can get it) but I want to take it to what is out there now for the Droid 1?

Thanks for your help and I appreciate any feedback you can shoot my way dancedroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was always a big fan of CyanogenMod ROMs. Can't wait for their release on the Nexus

B

bens42608

+1 on Simply Stunning but my all time best rom was the final Sapphire release for Froyo. It's still the rom running on my retired ogd1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Simply Stunning always gets my #1, followed by Pete's GPA builds, and the new Ultimate Droid is pretty cool.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Another to try if you got time. Liquid GB 3.2, very smooth.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always loved Chevy's stuff... and Ultimate Droid was probably my second favorite, despite all the stuff surrounding him for awhile. :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Chevy's SS is awesome i ran it for the better part of a year. With regular updates in between.

Axium

Reaction score
On og droid, I prefer to stick with froyo based roms. I'm on bugless beast 6.2.1 or whatever the latest froyo is. Seems nice. Also sourceryrom is nice. Simplystunning 4.96, ultimatedroid 2.5 was my favorite. Liquid had good roms also. Project elite is also good. Let me know if you need any froyo roms I used to back up all the zips for them, send me a pm :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there was a lot of drama with Ultimate Droid but his roms always seem to run best on my phone! Honestly though up until the batch of gingerbread roms, I never had issues with any of the roms I tried and I tried just about everyone of them. GB seemed to be the downfall to my D1 though. My phone just hated it for some reason.

gdroidnoob

Reaction score

you should try Steel Droid 10 custom ICS it runs awesome! dancedroid

meishkov

Reaction score
Ditto for steel Droid 10, I'm on RC 1 so I'm a couple builds behind, but I have no incentive to flash the update, my OG is running way too smooth, except for lack of RAM, but that's an old phone problem n nothin a ROM can do about it.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

OP
S

storo1975

Reaction score
On og droid, I prefer to stick with froyo based roms. I'm on bugless beast 6.2.1 or whatever the latest froyo is. Seems nice. Also sourceryrom is nice. Simplystunning 4.96, ultimatedroid 2.5 was my favorite. Liquid had good roms also. Project elite is also good. Let me know if you need any froyo roms I used to back up all the zips for them, send me a pm :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Am certainly interested in any froyo roms you may have handy. Tried to PM you but i need more posts before those advanced options can be available to me LOL