Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Does anyone use this? Is it "live" like Nextel used to be or the recorded message like the other apps floating around out there? We are thinking of adding it IF it is indeed live and not "record a message to send"

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is it offered directly from Verizon as a service?

I've only ever tried those "record a message to send" apps. Kinda fun and cheesy, but not all that useful.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looks like it's live.. This is VZW's description of the service.. 2-way radio = live..

Push to Talk (PTT) is a 2-way radio-type service that provides simple communication with the push of a button. A Push to Talk capable phone and subscription to either a Verizon Wireless voice plan with a Push to Talk feature or the Push to Talk Only planis required for all PTT subscribers.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Looks like it's live.. This is VZW's description of the service.. 2-way radio = live..

Push to Talk (PTT) is a 2-way radio-type service that provides simple communication with the push of a button. A Push to Talk capable phone and subscription to either a Verizon Wireless voice plan with a Push to Talk feature or the Push to Talk Only planis required for all PTT subscribers.
I read that also but some of the other apps say 2 way radio and they are also record and send. I was hoping for some first hand experience

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sorry, no direct experience here.. I don't think [guess] it's very popular.. Sounds more like a niche market to me.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's been available on the S5 since the day I purchased it. (As an additional add-on of course) I'm not sure what the new "plus" feature provides over the original. As Jeffrey mentioned....niche. I can see this being useful on construction sites or similar large jobsites so you're not constantly dialing a co-workers number in order to relay information.

S5 tap'n