Purchased app failed downloading!?

AceDROID

Reaction score
So, I had bought Rom Manager pro before, and refunded it quickly because I would have overdrafted my account. Well, I go to purchase it today, and the download constantly says "download unsuccessful" Any ideas? I've tried restarting the phone and everything with no fix! I paid for the app and would like to use it! :mad:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try a factory reset.

OP
AceDROID

AceDROID

Reaction score
but dont i lose all my data that way? including my rom and junk? =[

Weapondrift

Reaction score
but dont i lose all my data that way? including my rom and junk? =[

doing a factory will reset everything yes...however theres a program called Astro that will backup all your widgets/apps/etc. Assuming you have Gmail your contacts will come back...Im gonna take a shot in the dark here (so if Im wrong just blame it on me) and say that no your ROM should be fine with a factory reset since its basically the running OS for the phone.

Im basing the ROM idea on the fact I had to do multiple factory resets on my TP after flashing a rom and the ROM stayed where it was.

Reaction score
You will lose your texts, and all apps will have to be reinstalled after a factory reset. Contacts and emails will come back as they are stored on your gmail account. Your ROM is just that: Read Only Memory. It can not and will not be changed without expressly flashing the device through recovery or adb.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will lose your texts, and all apps will have to be reinstalled after a factory reset. Contacts and emails will come back as they are stored on your gmail account. Your ROM is just that: Read Only Memory. It can not and will not be changed without expressly flashing the device through recovery or adb.

Not true. If you do a factory reset from the privacy settings you will not lose your apps. It's only if you do a hard factory reset that you lose the apps.

Reaction score
Well there you go then. I have never done the soft reset and assumed it was just a frontend option for the reset in recovery. Thanks for correcting my misinformation hook.