progress_horizontal.xml

hett

Reaction score
So, on my Droid I run a custom theme that I haven't finished or released yet, which uses the green highlights and progress bars from Sense. However, since as far back as the G1 days, for some reason all of the third-party Sense themes had a "flipped" progress bar, i.e. the gradient has the shadow on top rather than bottom, as can be here.

Could somebody upload a progress_horizontal.xml based on the 0.2.1 framework-res.apk that has the gradient flipped properly, with the shaded part on the bottom? It'd be much appreciated.

Attached is my current one, just change the .zip to .xml. I don't really know too much about editing these XML files or I'd do it myself.

OP
hett

hett

Reaction score
So, on my Droid I run a custom theme that I haven't finished or released yet, which uses the green highlights and progress bars from Sense. However, since as far back as the G1 days, for some reason all of the third-party Sense themes had a "flipped" progress bar, i.e. the gradient has the shadow on top rather than bottom, as can be here.

Could somebody upload a progress_horizontal.xml based on the 0.2.1 framework-res.apk that has the gradient flipped properly, with the shaded part on the bottom? It'd be much appreciated.

Attached is my current file, just change the zip to .xml. I don't really know too much about editing these XML files or I'd do it myself.

microsnook

Reaction score
Ill give it a go!
I just started doing xmls. I have done one, and this is the same one I did, except mines blue.

Do a backup first lol idk if itll work:)

microsnook

Reaction score
Good Luck! Take screen shots if you get it going please.

Just replace it with the one in your current framework.

Dont forget to backup!

OP
hett

hett

Reaction score
Good Luck! Take screen shots if you get it going please.

Just replace it with the one in your current framework.

Dont forget to backup!

Thanks for the attempt, man, but it didn't exactly work properly:

3nU0m.png

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Im not too sure lol and Im not that good, sorry!

I don't think it's too hard to follow what I'm illustrating here...I just want it flipped vertically. The images above show that clearly.

So go into the xml and swap out the color codes of start/end in order to get the result you are looking for.

Code:
<gradient
        android:startColor="#FF649116"  <-- currently dark green on top
        android:endColor="#FFB3E934"  <--- currently light green on bottom
        android:angle="270.0"
        android:centerY="0.75"
        android:centerColor="#FF89BD18"
        >
</gradient>

Might have to mess with the gradient code above that as well. I'm not sure.