Programs being deleted?

miteymike

Reaction score
At first I thought I was just me...but as of late programs like color note, Pandora and even zumocast needed to be re downloaded

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
It's a problem with the Bionic when you move an app to the SD Card. We think it's because they labeled the second internal partition SD too. I'm sure they'll fix it with an update, but for now, you need to install everything on the internal memory. Also, if you get a memory full message, just try to reinstall. It should go the second time.

grrouchie

Reaction score
I had to reinstall my droid forums app because it apparently wasn't on my phone no more and i did not move it to SD.
Just would not let me open from the icon and was no longer in my app drawer or on my list of installed apps.
Weird

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I had my first experience with this last night (I've been reading about this and thinking whew...not happening to me). Went to use zedge last night and the app was nowhere to be found (no icon). Reinstalled it and my downloads were there. This morning clicked on droid forums icon and it said app was missing (this disappeard but left the icon). This is fun...wonder what tonight holds!

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
I had to reinstall my droid forums app because it apparently wasn't on my phone no more and i did not move it to SD.
Just would not let me open from the icon and was no longer in my app drawer or on my list of installed apps.
Weird

Same here!!!! This is the second time it has happened to me just for this app!

ice456789

Reaction score
+1. Downloaded Droidforums app yesterday. Woke up this morning and it was gone.

Moto hates Droidforums?

idk5

Reaction score
Weird

I had that problem too but I moved it to the internal memory using titanium and no disappear. I think it installs to the external automatically ...

Wi-Fi Xoom most likely teathering on to Bionic

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
idk5 I think your right on this, I wonder if we can have a mod put a sticky about this so that people will know to do that. I did move it to the phone and hopefully this time it will stay.

idk5

Reaction score
idk5 I think your right on this, I wonder if we can have a mod put a sticky about this so that people will know to do that. I did move it to the phone and hopefully this time it will stay.

Fasted way to test it is to restart the phone..

Wi-Fi Xoom most likely teathering on to Bionic

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Works just fine now! Thank you hun!

Reaction score
I had this happen several times. Either the app completely disappeared or in some cases the icon was still on desktop but when I try to open it says it its not installed. I never moved any apps to sd card either.

But I did read somewhere what was causing it. For some reason, some apps were automatically installing in the media area. This is what was causing the issue.

Go into manage apps, applications, then click on the media tab along the top. Scroll through the list and if any app has a checkmark, remove that checkmark.
I have not had a repeat since doing this. Of course, any new apps you dl, it is good to check and make sure it did not go into media area.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Just go to to manage applications and click the media tab. Any app with a green check mark is installed in the "media" area so just move it to the phone and the problem is solved. I e lost a few apps that installed themselves in the media are but I haven't lost a single one since I moved them all to the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I had this happen several times. Either the app completely disappeared or in some cases the icon was still on desktop but when I try to open it says it its not installed. I never moved any apps to sd card either.

But I did read somewhere what was causing it. For some reason, some apps were automatically installing in the media area. This is what was causing the issue.

Go into manage apps, applications, then click on the media tab along the top. Scroll through the list and if any app has a checkmark, remove that checkmark.
I have not had a repeat since doing this. Of course, any new apps you dl, it is good to check and make sure it did not go into media area.

Darn you, you beat me by a few seconds lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Thank you both of you, I just moved some more over that I hadn't tried out but I noticed were over on the media side! :heart: