Problems with custom ringtones..

JackRussell

Reaction score
My wife and I each have Android phones. Hers is a Droid with Verizon, mine is a Cliq with T-Mobile.

My problem is that I am trying to set up custom ringtones on both of our phones, so we can more easily tell when the other is calling. On my phone it worked more or less the first time around.

On the Droid however, it ignores the ringtone that I have selected for myself. I can view the contact options, and I can see that the ringtone that I picked is selected, and if I click on the thing it plays the desired song. But if I pick up my phone and call hers, it plays the default ringtone and bypasses the one that I selected for calls from my phone.

If I go into the received calls log on the Droid, I can select "View Contact" for the places where I tried to call the Droid from my phone. Initially it says "Contact information unknown", and it literally takes 10 seconds before it comes back and realizes that it was my phone that was calling, and then it switches over to display my name. This leads me to suspect that the problem might that the droid Droid is unable to look up the info in a timely fashion so it falls back to the default ringtone.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why all of this is happening?