Problems after trying to install Custom ROM

OP
J

jkruer01

Reaction score
Ok, I re-downloaded Ultimate Droid and loaded the zip to my SD card and was able to install it using the new recovery mode or whatever it was that I installed. It installed successfully and I rebooted the phone....

Hmmmm....now it just keeps looping back and forth between the "DROID" and the red eye.....CRAP!!!!

mr_silent

Reaction score
Any progress? Did you clear the dalvik cache before install? Try leaving the phone by an open window with the battery out for a few minutes then reboot, once the phone is booted go to running services and stop as many processes as you can. this may give you enough time to go to the market and install rom manager and flash clockwrk recovery. Post an update.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

jkruer01

Reaction score
Any progress? Did you clear the dalvik cache before install? Try leaving the phone by an open window with the battery out for a few minutes then reboot, once the phone is booted go to running services and stop as many processes as you can. this may give you enough time to go to the market and install rom manager and flash clockwrk recovery. Post an update.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

After it went int the boot loop, I rebooted into recovery mode and did the clear data/factory reset and it was fine after that.

spazem

Reaction score
Can u help it wont let me install rom. I put update.zip on sdcard and went recovery and it keeps aborting due to signature.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Can u help it wont let me install rom. I put update.zip on sdcard and went recovery and it keeps aborting due to signature.

Do you have a custom recovery? Are you rooted?

spazem

Reaction score
I am rooted and i have simply stunning to put on. i get the black screen with blue writing and goto update and cant validate signature.... is there another way? i just want ubuntu on my phone!!!!!!!!!

PARick

Reaction score
I am rooted and i have simply stunning to put on. i get the black screen with blue writing and goto update and cant validate signature.... is there another way? i just want ubuntu on my phone!!!!!!!!!

Are you using SP Recovery? If so, did you name your file update.zip? If so, just name it update. It may be placing an additional "zip" after the name.