problem with the htc people widget

bobbymarti

Reaction score
ok so I used the people widget on my erris and have 6 contacts saved to the widget my problem is once I added the people I can't remove or edit the people on the widget
I uninstall-ed and re installed still I cant figure out a way to edit or remove the people from the widget
the reason I need to do this is because my friend changes his cell # and I can change it in the people application but now when i click on his picture to call him in the widget I get nothing
anybody with advice? I had the guy at htc support stumped and finally had to get off the phone with him after 30 minutes he said he can check on it for me but I have to call back and see. Thanks in advance!

3nd0Man

Reaction score
The People widget draws from the phone's Favorites. Is it possible to delete (Go to the People app, the click on the second icon on the bottom left to go to Favorites, then click and hold on the person and remove from favorite), then add them again to Favorites? I wonder if that will work.
My experience with HTC support is shaky at best, so I don't know if they walked you through the same basic steps or not. Forgive me if I'm just repeating what they already had you do.

mhotovec

Reaction score
3nd has it nearly right.
Go into People (not from the widget). Bring up the person you want to remove from your favorites, press Menu and Remove. The icon above remove shows a little person and heart. This remove removes them from your favorites, and therefore from the widget. It does not remove the person from your People listing.

OP
B

bobbymarti

Reaction score
perfect worked like a charm!! thanks for the reply's fellas!!

bdbull

Reaction score
Is it possible to have 2 numbers from one contact in the widget? For instance, a cell phone and a work phone for the same person.