Problem with physical keyboard

lord273kelvin

Reaction score
[SOLVED] Problem with physical keyboard

I got this new droid through verizon's preowned recertified deal for a replacement for an old broken phone, and I've found out that there is a defect on the physical keyboard.

Everything perfect works fine, it's just that a,x,c,v key of the physical keyboard does not get inputted. You can still use the on-screen virtual keyboard but in some instances I'd prefer to use the physical keyboard..

weird thing is that this problem only persists in the search box, and everywhere else is perfectly fine. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Before I go nuts to my poor verizon tech guy, it would be awesome if someone can help me out.

Thank you,
Kelvin

Last edited:
OP
lord273kelvin

lord273kelvin

Reaction score
[video=youtube;xW1OhctwflU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1OhctwflU"]YouTube - Motorola droid physical keyboard issue[/video]

I made a quick video demonstrating the problem..hope this helps

Last edited:

proof

Reaction score
If you press the ALT key first does the upper key functions for those keys work? Also, have you tried those keys after powering the phone off completely. Do you have any keyboard apps installed? I guess I'd like to know all of the apps you have installed as well just for the sake of science.

Last edited:
OP
lord273kelvin

lord273kelvin

Reaction score
I did a hard reset and it fixed the problem. I don't know what was up with it but it solved the problem so i'm happy. :)

thanks guys for troubleshooting with me.