Problem with Handcent and sending/receiving pictures...

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Hey all, been a while since I posted here.

I am running Froyo but been having this problem even when I was running 2.1. I am using Handcent and cannot send pictures at all and it is hit or miss with receiving them. Even when it does work it takes forever for them to download.

I am thinking re-installing Handcent might be the fix but I am concerned that I will lose all the text messages on my phone. Is there a danger of that if I re-install? Or is there a better fix than re-installing?

Thanks guys,
Mitch

Troops2990

Reaction score
i would say to uninstall and reinstall, your text messages should still be saved under your stock messaging app.

Squidward

Reaction score
Not to get sidetracked, but I've always wondered about this: Im always curious when people talk about backing up or saving texts...what are you texting about that you need to save for the future? Maybe I'm boring, but 95% of my texts are about buying milk, people telling me they'll "be right there", and single-word expletives induced by ryan howard not being able to lay off breaking balls in the dirt. I always assumed everyone's texts were similarly obsolescent and brief...

As far as the problem with sending/receiving mms...is it only with handcent that you've noticed this? Because I used the stock messenger on the Droid 1 while at work, and because my signal is so bad there, I regularly would get "message could not be sent" and "message could not be downloaded" for both picture and normal text messages...does it maybe depend on where you're at when you get the message?

Jordanmmm

Reaction score
I had the same problem and I found a fix that is working for now. I reset my camera settings to 5 MP instead of the default "Widescreen". I fiddled with a couple of other camera settings, so I am not really sure this was what did it, but I think it is. I have sent just a couple of test pictures, one from the gallery and one that I snapped and sent direct from the camera - both went out and were received.

RJM
Droid X Rooted
2.2 leaked (Birdman)
Rubix 0.3 Focused
No themes