Problem Rooting Motorola Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you are going to have to reactivate no way around it.

Kmart95

Reaction score
Just wondering its kind of off topic but will there ever be a root for the official ota 2.1 or will we always have to revert back to 2.0.1 and root from there

OP
MConoly

MConoly

Reaction score
GUYS! IM PISSSED! I flashed my phone to uninstall 2.1, and it still says its mother****ing directory.......... And, i copied all my files back to my phone but they aren't showing up! it says i dont have any apps! wtf is up?

OP
MConoly

MConoly

Reaction score
Please, somebody help me, I flashed my phone to get rid of the 2.1, I tried to install the update.zip which was 2.1 with root, it still says its a directory! And my biggest problem is that I lost ALL my files, and for some reason when I use my computer to copy them on there, it says they are already there. And they don't show up on my phone. They are hidden somewhere on the sdcard.

CDB

Reaction score
To start with, follow this guide:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html

The only thing this guide doesn't mention is what to do when RSDLite comes back and says "Failed...". When it does this, you'll notice all the info in the left side window of RSDLite just disappears, meanwhile your phone still shows "In Progress...". You simply hit the "Show Device" button on RSDLite and that will reboot your phone. Even though it says "Failed...", it actually worked and many forum members have reported the exact same behaviour, myself included. So do not worry about this 'error'.

After you've followed that guide, your phone will now be back to the stock un-rooted version of 2.0.1 - just like what you walked out of the Verizon store with.

Next up, you're going to follow this guide:

How to Root Your Motorola Droid Running 2.1

...except you'll start on Step 2 because Step 1 is what you just did above. Do NOT assume you've downloaded the correct files previously, just start fresh and do it again with the links in that article.

I have performed this myself and it went off without a hitch, except that error that I've already mentioned isn't exactly an error with RSDLite.

CDB

Reaction score
You mean like...personal files? Files you should have a backup of somewhere else other than your Droid so that when sh*t like this happens, you can easily restore them?

Not my concern, sorry.

nateccnn

Reaction score
but how do i get my files back?

Re write them. Re download them. Get on with life. And learn to back them up for the next time it happens. EWvery tech I've ever known had lost a bunch of files. Good techs do it once. Crappy techs do it over and over again.

Nate...whose done it a few times.

G.Armour

Reaction score
but i payed for stuff.
If you are talking about apps, they are all linked to your Google account. So after you get your phone up and running, sign into Google, go to the market, and check your downloads. Oh and for future reference, next time you decide to flash a Rom that requires a full data wipe, which most do, make sure to get a file manager like astro, or titanium backup from the market and save your apps. It will save you a lot of time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk