problem help

sanchez2504

Reaction score
I rooted my phone using the doroot method it said that I was rooted my wireless tether works and so does bootstrap but none of the roms work it always gets aborted I all so downloaded jrummy overclock widget but it gives me an error and wont work i downloaded busybox and that says im rooted but says it cant find system files dont know what to do I need help

trook

Reaction score
try downloading titanium backup and hitting the problems button when you open it. It will download a newer version of busybox. Which rom are you trying to flash? Are you using rom manager or bootstrap recovery to flash roms??

OP
S

sanchez2504

Reaction score
Ok ill try it I've tried all the roms that someone posted here saying that they work and they don't right know im just rooted with no theme or rom just stock droid 2 and I use rom manager but also have bootstrap

OP
S

sanchez2504

Reaction score
Downloaded titanium back up and tried the problem button and it say I don't have root privilege

OP
S

sanchez2504

Reaction score
im confused doesnt make sense to me
Steps 1- 5: Change to the /tmp folder on your phone, copy the file to the tmp directory, change its permissions. run it, and wait.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
What's confusing you? Type the blue in the links below. That's just an explanation of what you're doing. :)

If that didn't answer, please bit a bit more specific so I can answer exactly what you're asking about. :D

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Make absolutely sure you're putting in every space, slash, and period you see. It might help to print the directions out.

Let me know if you still are having issues after you try that and I'll see what I can do to help. :)

OP
S

sanchez2504

Reaction score
when i go into terminal emulator it has this at the top
export path=/data/local/bin:$path
$ $

OP
S

sanchez2504

Reaction score
got it to work that time wasnt doing the first space but when i force stop the app then o back into it i still have a $ symbol not a # symbol