Problem connecting to home wifi

cwbcpa

Reaction score
My Droid 3 will not connect to my home wifi all of a sudden. It was fine this afternoon and now it will not connect. All of my other devices connect fine with a strong signal. I have AT&T Uverse. I have rebooted the modem and router. I have rebooted the phone and pulled the battery. I have "forgotten" the router and reset it up on the phone. I don't know what else to do. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on a fix?

McGyver777

Reaction score
Password?

When you turned both off, waited 30sec, right? Modem first then router back on?

Is another computer able to get on?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
C

cwbcpa

Reaction score
Yep. I did everything one would normally do when attempting to fix this problem. Turned everything off and back on in the proper order and waited a full minute to reboot instead of the normal 30 seconds. Everything else connects just fine. I have a great signal all over the house.

REMilk

Reaction score
I occasionally have this problem in hotels. When I encounter this problem, I remove/delete the WiFi connection, then add it back, along with any security codes, and all is well.

Bob

OP
C

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I occasionally have this problem in hotels. When I encounter this problem, I remove/delete the WiFi connection, then add it back, along with any security codes, and all is well.

Bob

Thank you for the suggestion. I have done that a couple times now. I just don't understand what is going on. I am going to try connecting to another wifi this morning and see if it works. If it doesn't then I will know its a phone issue for sure.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would try disabling the security on your network just to see if it works. It could be the settings on your modem. Also, I know it is a stupid question but, are you sure the wifi on the phone is on? do you have a app controlling the wifi connection?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, just unplug the router then plug back in...it works for me, when reset won't..idk why but try?

My Battery is Rockin with MyMod!!!

OP
C

cwbcpa

Reaction score
So after confirming that the wifi on the phone worked elsewhere I came home and unplugged the modem and router again. This time after reconnecting everything my phone connected right away. I don't think I did anything different than I did last night, but it was late so maybe. Anyway, thank you to everyone for the help.

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well is a good thing that you got it sorted out. ;)

Sent from my TapadaAtrix :)

pdoyle

Reaction score
looks like i can connect to home network wifi, but droid x browsers cannot connect to server...wifi is on, i deleted then added the wifi wpa2 security. Ping test on the wireless router is positive for droid. so why can i not connect through wifi? this has been true for months
thanks, pdoyle
verizon fios; but using netgear WRN2000 as the wireless N router, ethernet connected as secondary to the Actiontec Fios primary router (whose radio is off so it's just ethernet connection for the network to the internet.) several wireless pc's connect fine; plus airport express. 8 devices on the home network. all work fine. :icon_eek: