Printing From The Droid

olletsocmit

Reaction score
What is the best way to print from the droid. I want to be able to print to my printer. I have a printer just plugged into my computer and then a network printer that can be both plugged into my rougher or be wireless. and i have a blue tooth adapter.

I really want to be able to print over my home network, but i do not know if this will be possible.

what are your suggestions/thoughts? thanks

purgero

Reaction score
PrinterShare

I purchased PrinterShare...

It doesn't work with my Dell 968W All-in-one, wireless. I had to install a desktop app on my laptop. I log into the app, and then send the file to it, and it prints. Works ok. Then I noticed that I only had 19 pages FREE left. Meaning, that once those 19 pages are used up, I have to buy more FREE pages from them. Granted, it isn't that expensive at $4.95 for 100 pages, or $9.95 per month for unlimited...but what a rip-off! I have to pay them for having the software on MY laptop? It goes through their server to keep track of how many pages you've printed.

I'm going to uninstall it, and Comment on the Google Market. It didn't say anywhere on the page, that you had to pay additionally for the right to print to your own printer. And I bought the Premium version, too!

What a rip-off!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I purchased PrinterShare...

It doesn't work with my Dell 968W All-in-one, wireless. I had to install a desktop app on my laptop. I log into the app, and then send the file to it, and it prints. Works ok. Then I noticed that I only had 19 pages FREE left. Meaning, that once those 19 pages are used up, I have to buy more FREE pages from them. Granted, it isn't that expensive at $4.95 for 100 pages, or $9.95 per month for unlimited...but what a rip-off! I have to pay them for having the software on MY laptop? It goes through their server to keep track of how many pages you've printed.

I'm going to uninstall it, and Comment on the Google Market. It didn't say anywhere on the page, that you had to pay additionally for the right to print to your own printer. And I bought the Premium version, too!

What a rip-off!
No you don't have to pay again. Print more and see if your print number changes....

I printed three things before buying it. Since then I've printed tons of stuff and it still shows I have 17 prints left.

rickt1152

Reaction score
I have found Printer Share to be an excellent application. Granted, I generally use it with my local printers on my wireless network and therefore no charge for the prints.

I have two printers on my network, one an HP where Printer Share has a specific driver to use, the second is a Brother which Printer Share gives a message upon install that says it is going to use a generic driver to print. This works fine for me, don't know if you get the generic driver option with the Dell printer.

Big Lou

Reaction score
PrinterShare also works great for me. I print to a wireless HP and a Canon through a desktop app. I also noticed the number of free pages, but no matter how much I print, it stays at 20.

habk24

Reaction score
Wifi w/PrinterShare

I installed PrinterShare and it detected my Wifi printer but had difficulties with the drivers. I have a Kodak ESP 9 Aio ... any remedies out there? How about another FREE Droid app that would facilitate sending a file to my Wifi printer?

motomech10

Reaction score
I installed PrinterShare and it detected my Wifi printer but had difficulties with the drivers. I have a Kodak ESP 9 Aio ... any remedies out there? How about another FREE Droid app that would facilitate sending a file to my Wifi printer?

Same issue here. Kodak esp office 2150. Got the paid version of print share can't find drivers. Haven't been able to find another way to send to printer from droid x yet. Thanks.

wkearney99

Reaction score
Um, if Moto already has a printing host, why should I pay for something else? Is anyone actually using the motoprint host? If so, how does it compare to other offerings?

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Do any of these apps work without installing an application on the desktop computer? Can't I just use a Windows login/pass to send a print job?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Do any of these apps work without installing an application on the desktop computer? Can't I just use a Windows login/pass to send a print job?

PrinterShare works with local wireless and bluetooth printers, just be on the wireless network or within range for bluetooth. Wired printers require a PC app to be running. The PC app also allows you to print outside of your local network (ie...over 3G/4G or while connected to a different network).