Pretty sure i bricked my droid

xgam3r

Reaction score
hello all, i had the original moto droid with 2.1 installed. i follows all the steps in depth to install rds lite, the newest drivers for my model and the 2.0.1 sbf. when i loaded the boot menu on my droid initiated the flash on rds lite it got to 99% and froze for a few minutes. then it hit 100% with this error - "Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode" im other forums/posts people suggested clicking the show device button on rds lite and waiting claiming that it will restart the phone with 2.0.1 despite the error, but i tried this and nothing happened. i gave it about 30 minutes to restart but still nothing. i redid it 3 times and i got the same error every time. now any time i turn the phone on or plug it in it goes strait into the boot menu without pressing the up key on the dpad, and when i plug it into the wall charger it is not charging. i hope there is still something i can do besides getting it replaced so thanks in advanced to anyone that tries to help (and to anyone willing to read this entire paragraph describing my problem lol).

beneharris

Reaction score
if you can get to the boot menu, your not bricked, you should be ok. i am not totally sure what your next move should be, but im sure somebody does. can you get to the recovery menu? (power + "X" button)

OP
X

xgam3r

Reaction score
i have no recovery menu, i bileave it is because im just coming off of the official 2.1. On other forums they refer to my scenario as a "boot loop" i believe that's what i have.

Edit:
to czerdrill :

i tried redoing it 3 times i get the same result, if you would like i can post my entire error log report for rsdlite if that would help anyone.

OP
X

xgam3r

Reaction score
my droid just died so if i want to try anything i need a method to charge it but it said "code corrupt" under the bootloader.

OP
X

xgam3r

Reaction score
well doesn't really matter anymore i just called in to get a replacement sent it should arrive within 2 days :D

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Well first off you are not bricked.

When rooting you no longer have to go back to 2.0.1. I have a very good step-by-step guide in my signature that will root your 2.1. Follow that and use the files provided and you should be good to go. If not, let us know and we can help you.

zpocbob

Reaction score
I have the exact problem as the op, except mine did not get wet. I can flash recovery, install roms, but it goes back to bootloader every time i is turned on.

Tried Flashing
FRG22D.sbf
moto-droid2.01stock.sbf
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf
SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf

HELP! This phone is not under warranty, or insurance.

grgguy

Reaction score
The same exact thing happened to me a moth ago....you need a stand alone battery charger(got mine at verizon store for 20 $) , charge battery then run rsdlite again with your spf of choice.....and you are fixxed

zpocbob

Reaction score
The same exact thing happened to me a moth ago....you need a stand alone battery charger(got mine at verizon store for 20 $) , charge battery then run rsdlite again with your spf of choice.....and you are fixxed

Yep, I have 2 spare batteries and a "stand alone" charger. Battery is fully charged.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would either say this, or error loading ram for bootloader or something along those lines for me a long time ago, and everyone knows how that turned out. I wish you better luck than I had.