Power Button Replacement App

ZeppRock7

Reaction score
Hi All,

I accidentally dropped my droid yesterday and the power button no longer works. I don't have insurance and I can get away with sliding the droid open and closed to turn it on, but as far as putting it on standby, I have to wait for it to time out automatically. Anybody know of any good widgets I can put on my homescreen that will have the same effect as tapping the power button?

Thanks,

Anthony

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahh, go get insurance... (i didnt just say that)

OP
Z

ZeppRock7

Reaction score
I've had it since December. Too late to get it?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ehh, you can go get it now, deal with the broken one for a month or something then replace it... I said I didn't say that because this isn't "right" to do nor do I agree with it. I can't think of how you can get a replacement tho... hmm

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
theres gotta be a way if ur rooted to change the config of all the side buttons...

Reaction score
Actually you only have 30 days after you get your phone to get insurance, or at least that how it used to be. Maybe they changed, but idk.

CatsTide

Reaction score
Hi All,

I accidentally dropped my droid yesterday and the power button no longer works. I don't have insurance and I can get away with sliding the droid open and closed to turn it on, but as far as putting it on standby, I have to wait for it to time out automatically. Anybody know of any good widgets I can put on my homescreen that will have the same effect as tapping the power button?

Thanks,

Anthony
screebl will work great for timing your screen out efficiently...but how the heck do you turn it on? edit....duh....slide the keyboard out. yeah try screeble it will work great!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks,

Anthony
screebl will work great for timing your screen out efficiently...but how the heck do you turn it on? edit....duh....slide the keyboard out. yeah try screeble it will work great!

Well, if you want to go the "screebl" route to turn off your phone, you can use "Screen Mode Widget" to turn it back on with the camera or volume buttons. Doing so, however, will mean you lose the lock screen. If that doesn't bother you, it sounds like the combination of screebl with a timeout of 15 seconds combined with Screen Mode Widget set to "Awake Stay" will solve your problem.