Power button not working on Motorola Droid

aliasneo07

Reaction score
All of a sudden the power button on my Motorola Droid stopped working. So every time I want to use the phone I have to slide it open and then close it, to get it to respond, instead of tapping the top power button like usual.

The button itself appears fine, and still clicks. Its just that the phone does not respond.

I've tried taking the battery out, etc.

Any ideas, tips?

Thanks a lot!

OP
A

aliasneo07

Reaction score
Did a factory reset. It did not solve the problem. Is there a way to maybe unlock the phone with the volume button, camera button, or something? Since the power/unlock button doesn't work, I have to slide open the keyboard and then slide it closed to unlock it. Its a huge pain. Any way I can set like the volume button to wake it up?

Thanks.

vedwed

Reaction score
Did a factory reset. It did not solve the problem. Is there a way to maybe unlock the phone with the volume button, camera button, or something? Since the power/unlock button doesn't work, I have to slide open the keyboard and then slide it closed to unlock it. Its a huge pain. Any way I can set like the volume button to wake it up?

Thanks.

I believe there is an app in the market called menu unlock or something like that. It uses the menu button on your screen like the power button.

EDIT: menu unlock is a paid app ($0.99) and requires root access. No lock is a free app and claims to work the same but does not advertise root required. I have tried none of these apps so I cant say if any one is better or good.

Last edited:

rbreidenstein

Reaction score
I currently am experiencing this same exact issue as of this morning. I spoke to version and they are going to replace it under the 1yr manufacture warranty.

Nerotoxen

Reaction score
All of a sudden the power button on my Motorola Droid stopped working. So every time I want to use the phone I have to slide it open and then close it, to get it to respond, instead of tapping the top power button like usual.

The button itself appears fine, and still clicks. Its just that the phone does not respond.

I've tried taking the battery out, etc.

Any ideas, tips?

Thanks a lot!

Same thing happened to me this morning. Used it just fine, slid it in my pocket as usual, then it stopped working! Good thing theres a Verizon store across from my work!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have Spare Parts installed ?
if so the end button behavior can affect this.

PalmEnvy

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me this weekend. I called VZW and they shipped out a replacement phone which I received yesterday. Have no idea if its a refurb or not, but came in a box just like when I purchased it.

On this note. I have a question -

Is there anything I should do prior to activating the new phone. I think all my pics are on the SD card - so I can just swap SD cards. But is there anything I else I should be backing up?

Thanks -

PE