POP account will receive but won't send any mail...

mersh21

Reaction score
I set up my work email as a regular POP3 account because I can't seem to get it to work with Corporate Sync, but now I can't send any emails from it. I can receive them no problem but when I try to reply or send from that address I keep getting an error message stating "Authorization error sending."

Any ideas?

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
Thanks for the link worked perfectly.

leagl1971

Reaction score
Heres the fix

I set up my work email as a regular POP3 account because I can't seem to get it to work with Corporate Sync, but now I can't send any emails from it. I can receive them no problem but when I try to reply or send from that address I keep getting an error message stating "Authorization error sending."

Any ideas?

First thing i had to do when i changed from BB to Droid X was to re configure my data plan. Had corparate data package with BB and when i changed phones to droid x i could receive email (go daddy account) but could not send email.

Get a corparate data package
enter your username and password
incoming port 995
highlight with check mark "use secure connection"
outgoing port 465
highlight with check mark "use secure connection"

note: also check you servers, when i enter server data for godaddy i made a mistake. in coming was correct pop.secureserver.net and out going was wrong. Had smptout.secureserver.com and should had read smptout.secureserver.net I placed .com after instead of .net. so double check. hope this helps

Foxnutz

Reaction score
thanks for the info, but you had another typo! not smpt but smtpout.secureserver.net

The port numbers were a huge help!