poor reception?

lowtech

Reaction score
There is a data service problem happening right now. Your issues may be related to this data services issue. Verizon is working on it and hopes to have it cleared up in next 2-6 hours.

That's my problem!!! ... if it's been going on for 4 months! :p

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the record, my Eris seems to get great reception in areas some regular phones had problems getting reception. Overall, historically, I've had the best reception with Motorola brand phones, but my Eris is on par with those.

Then again I had a Sony/Ericson phone a few years ago with a toy antenna! So I may just be easier to please after that experience. :)

bionicback

Reaction score
I loaded 2.1 on my Eris last week and I now have poorer reception then my daughter's Eris and she is still on 1.5. She has four bars to my two in the same location. Me thinks that there is a problem with the latest verison of 2.1.

lowtech

Reaction score
For the record, my Eris seems to get great reception in areas some regular phones had problems getting reception. Overall, historically, I've had the best reception with Motorola brand phones, but my Eris is on par with those.

Then again I had a Sony/Ericson phone a few years ago with a toy antenna! So I may just be easier to please after that experience. :)

I envy you! My Eris, which I love otherwise, gets the worst reception of any phone I have had for many years... :frown:

xliderider

Reaction score
My wife and I have had Verizon for years now...and have lived in the same house as well. We are on the edge of coverage from the nearest cell tower. I had a Motorola Z6TV and she a Moto Razr V3c I think. We both never lost one call here in our home ever. She now has the Eris and I the Droid. She loses calls in our home now. Not alot but at least twice a week. I have once. We have had them for a month and a half. So reception is not as good. But the other qualities of our phones have us happy still at that.

Our experience almost exactly mirrors yours. My wife has an Eris and her phone drops calls at home, as we live in a marginal area as well. My holds calls much better. We have both exchanged our phones once and all four phones have had the same reception characteristics.

I had a Motorola e815, then a z6tv, my wife has had a Motorola krzr and an LG dare. All of these phones have been on Verizon and have had better reception than the HTC Eris.

siuvhne

Reaction score
VZ Eris Reception (POOR)

rant ... I know this is an older post, but I really wanted to add my $0.02. I have had a horrible time with the Eris. I established my account on May 24th because Sprint is CANCELLING my service due to "excessive roaming". I confirmed with Sprint that I was roaming on the VZ network. While roaming I always had 2-4 bars ... i do not know the db rating as I have no idea how to get that reading from my phones.

I was actually excited ... thinking that my service would be better once no longer roaming. ... Enter Eris ... Nope. No bars. Provisioning call dropped SIX times. Took more than an hour on the phone with Customer Service to get the phone activated.

Returned to store to try a new phone ... just in case it was equipment (which i rather knew it wasn't but was advised by Tech Support to try, JIC) Brought both phones in the following day with all packaging, order receipt ... everything and they tell me ... $70 restocking fee. Seriously guys? You sell me a product that CAN'T do what it's supposed to do and you tell me I have to pay YOU to take it back? No ... I don't think so. Oh ... and I don't get new customer pricing on the NEW phones? Yeah ... mmhmm.

If they didn't have me bent over ... erh ... yeah ... I would ditch them like the crack heads they are. But, I have to have Verizon ... or nothing.

The whole point of this post for real ... is just that if I can roam on the Verizon network with superlative connection and can't get a single bar with a native VZ phone ... then something is up. Pray tell what it is my kind sirs? Could it be your network? or could it be the phones? I'm guessing the phones, unless somehow roaming takes priority.

Ooooh ... I did learn something new regarding the Alltel merger ... they deactivated most of the towers except in rural areas ...

ok ... /rant
progress.gif
http://www.phonearena.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=72990