poor performance

luis.esquivel

Reaction score
I downloaded this app that tellls you the performance rating on your phone, 5000 = good, 3000 to 5000= average, 3000 and lower = poor. I got a 2890. I don't know why, does anybody know how to make the droid x faster ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome :) I would guess that the app is probably geared towards newer devices.. like the maxx, s3.. phones like that.

While the x was and still is a great phone... its not going to compete with the dual and quad core devices on the market right now.

This is of course my opinion... others will chime in in sure :)

OP
L

luis.esquivel

Reaction score
That makes me feel a lot bettet, but do you have any suggestions about how to make it a bit faster

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What are you running? I know its a DROIDX, rooted, but are you running any mods... ? A rom? Are you over clocked?

I think you can over clock a DX.... I'll get a rescue squad member to further help you :)

OP
L

luis.esquivel

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, or overclocked, I downloaded this app that let's you overclock your x but I didn't know what to do with all the numbers it was showing. Unless you can help me root and overclock

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hi Luis,

I can understand you wanting some more speed out of your phone, the DX was my first Android phone and it was a great one for sure. Overclocking is an option however I have never done it nor recommended it, just based on personal preference.

If you are wanting a speed increase I would recommend rooting and trying out a custom ROM, those have built in speed tweaks to the system to improve performance. I know this is a popular one, but there are tons of them in the DX Roms section.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-x/153965-beta-cyanogenmod-7-droid-x.html

It will take some work on your part but they give very detailed instructions if you are interested in it.

If you really want to overclock you might check out this APP, and post in the thread if you want specific settings that are not offered up.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/91102-droid-x-2-overclock-app-easy-noob-friendly.html

Best advice I can give is READ, READ, READ, before you proceed. Don't want a paperweight.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I deleted your thread about how to overclock.. let's keep it all right here :) it'll be easier to help you this way :)