[Poll] Themes for SS question of interest

jimmydene84

Reaction score
theme changing would require ROM editing (which is beyond me)...or an apk theme changer that is built into the ROM.

Consensus is Black/Chrome, and red/chrome.

So...that is what I will work on.

I might be able to chrome the honeycomb log too. Ill see what I can do.

CM includes a theme changer (via apk) in CM - and of course since my new GB roms use CM as a base ....

Might add that as of right now I am NOT including them in my upcoming 5.00 release - really plugs up /system to the MAX

Chevy, first off I feel dirty and sorry I switched. I have been tried and true since 4.2....but I recently switched to CM for the GB. U r using it as a base and always put ur own "tools" in the ROM but some of the features of CM I just can't live without now....mainly the lockscreen gestures, and the abundance of options in them. Any chance u will keep those around in ur build??
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tbone73

Reaction score
U guys shud check out the thread for "black chrome" for P.E. 4.2 for a chrome keyboard. It is simply stunning (pun intended) I'm on my fone and am to lazy to post a link.

Seen it, he has been in communication. You're right it is simply stunning, and I can't wait to see Yakitori's version of one for SS4.96 and SS5.0.....

tbone73

Reaction score
theme changing would require ROM editing (which is beyond me)...or an apk theme changer that is built into the ROM.

Consensus is Black/Chrome, and red/chrome.

So...that is what I will work on.

I might be able to chrome the honeycomb log too. Ill see what I can do.

CM includes a theme changer (via apk) in CM - and of course since my new GB roms use CM as a base ....

Might add that as of right now I am NOT including them in my upcoming 5.00 release - really plugs up /system to the MAX
Yeah, I'm with you Chevy don't try to do to much with it as the Droid 1 does not have a grip of memory and we do not want to slow it down.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My version wont be as glassy because I like black...it will be more heavy metal style

tbone73

Reaction score
I am thinking that skull is an actual photograph of a chrome skull. Chrome rendering is a challenge for me. Im still working hard on it though. Trust me...when the black/chrome theme is complete....you will love it.
:)
I can't wait dude, I love your work. Thanks for the chrome honeycomb logo I'm sporting it on my phone as we speak. Is the theme going to have a chrome keyboard? That would really be cool. More Whiskey and coke upon completion of the black and chrome theme. Thanks for all your hard work.... Must appreciated.

chrome keyboard...hmmmm. Havent though about it...but once I finish the theme, it is certainly something I will look into. At least that is something that can be applied afterward.

:)

Hows THIS for chrome buttons? lol...this is going to be the base for the keyboard keys...as well as the dialer buttons....:). Also put up another one I designed freehand. Which one do yall like? I may update Intrigue with the white buttons with chrome outline.

Damn...this took me FOREVER. lol...finally got a good button though...Im getting better at chroming with gimp.

I wont reveal much else about the appearance of the theme...mainly because the reaction Im trying to illicit from everyone is like friggen christmas morning. ahaha.
I really like them both. The one on the left for the dialer and the one on the right for the keyboard :) I'm diggin the heavy metal thinking for this theme. NICE!!!!!

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Finished the phone.apk tonight for testing. Need to update contacts.apk and then Ill flash it and let yall know how it looks.

telex9471

Reaction score
now that everyone upgraded to SS 5.0.... Will all this work you are doing on this theme apply to the new SS?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My theme I'm working on now is for 5.0

Sent from my Droid

iGuess

Reaction score
I'd love to see a new, nice theme. I find almost every android theme I have ever come across to be absolutely hideous. They're very vibrant, and glossy, and amateur web-2.0. An odd combination of attempted realism with overly exaggerated gloss, and glowing colors, and tacky things like studded metal backgrounds. I want more matte finish, with subtle gradients, good, semi-flat looking images with proper anti-aliasing. How many times have I seen aliased highlights on overly reflective battery indicators...

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd love to see a new, nice theme. I find almost every android theme I have ever come across to be absolutely hideous. They're very vibrant, and glossy, and amateur web-2.0. An odd combination of attempted realism with overly exaggerated gloss, and glowing colors, and tacky things like studded metal backgrounds. I want more matte finish, with subtle gradients, good, semi-flat looking images with proper anti-aliasing. How many times have I seen aliased highlights on overly reflective battery indicators...

Do you realize the hours that themers put behind a computer screen sorting through/editing thousands of images and xml files spending time on each and every image. Hell, Ive spent at least a work week worth of hours on Chump Change. Many of us do it for our own phones and share with others. After spending 30+ hours on a theme...and having my girl gripe about the time I spend away from the family...and put up my creation download links for others to use (and update for new releases at the same time), I must say that comments like this make me want want to not even give a crap what others want and quit doing what Im doing. I cant please everyone. I understand that people will criticize or not like something I created on my own personal time, but to call someones work "absolutely hideous", poorly attempted realism, and imply it is amateurish is rude, arrogant, and insulting. Hell...I can even live with "odd" thats not always a bad thing, in fact, sometime I like some of my work to look "odd". Thats part of the value I intentionally put into it.

There is always the option of you creating a theme on your own time, for yourself....you can make it exactly what you want it to be...and then port it to every new release that comes out. :)

telex9471

Reaction score
Yakitori, I appreciate your work and many others that spend time on these type of things. It's the only reason I do not go out and get an iphone lol. If it wasn't for hackers and modders I would not be into computers like I have been my whole life. Obviously iguess must think he knows it all and probably heard of web 2.0 but does not have a real grasp for it. Then again iguess if you are so disgusted with everyone’s theme why not go buy a iphone and go to starbucks?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Do you realize the hours that themers put behind a computer screen sorting through/editing thousands of images and xml files spending time on each and every image. Hell, Ive spent at least a work week worth of hours on Chump Change. Many of us do it for our own phones and share with others. After spending 30+ hours on a theme...and having my girl gripe about the time I spend away from the family...and put up my creation download links for others to use (and update for new releases at the same time), I must say that comments like this make me want want to not even give a crap what others want and quit doing what Im doing. I cant please everyone. I understand that people will criticize or not like something I created on my own personal time, but to call someones work "absolutely hideous", poorly attempted realism, and imply it is amateurish is rude, arrogant, and insulting. Hell...I can even live with "odd" thats not always a bad thing, in fact, sometime I like some of my work to look "odd". Thats part of the value I intentionally put into it.

There is always the option of you creating a theme on your own time, for yourself....you can make it exactly what you want it to be...and then port it to every new release that comes out. :)

You can't let the negative people get to you. Easy for me to say, I realize, but the vast majority of the members who use the forums are intelligent people who realize the amount of time developers put into themes and roms and *appreciate* their efforts. The vocal minority who complain that the themes and roms aren't being completed quick enough or lack certain features are only displaying their ignorance, and lack of proper manners by posting such comments.

The more astute posters offer useful suggestions and show appreciation for your work. Usually, they're older members who have been around longer - I don't know why that's the case, but I can't help noticing it. Maybe it's a generational thing, hard to say. In any event, I thank you for your fine work in the past, and look forward to more in the future. :)

-Mike

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You can't let the negative people get to you. Easy for me to say, I realize, but the vast majority of the members who use the forums are intelligent people who realize the amount of time developers put into themes and roms and *appreciate* their efforts. The vocal minority who complain that the themes and roms aren't being completed quick enough or lack certain features are only displaying their ignorance, and lack of proper manners by posting such comments.

The more astute posters offer useful suggestions and show appreciation for your work. Usually, they're older members who have been around longer - I don't know why that's the case, but I can't help noticing it. Maybe it's a generational thing, hard to say. In any event, I thank you for your fine work in the past, and look forward to more in the future. :)

-Mike

Thank you Mike! I think it is a generational thing a lot of the time.

I know I shouldn't let negative/condescending people bother me.