poker rant

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
Just needing to vent a bit. :soapbox:

I enjoyed playing Dragon play texas hold'em but am sick of the all in games at the higher levels. I like the betting bluffing strategy as cards are reveled, but it seems like at the higher levels 9 (>4k blinds) it becomes a all in fest- which takes most of the thought and strategy out. (I.E. pocket aces or suited A,K loosing to 10, 5 off suit- :mad: several times). I'm fine with 2 carded all ins occurring every so often, with good cards or a random bluff, but most of the games I've been in do this 80-90% of the time.

sorry,
just had to get that off my chest.:p

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
lol... honestly, crap like that happens at real poker tournaments too. We have a real poker room in my area... usually about 60-100 people enter. Usually goes for about 5 hours. blind levels go up every 15 minutes and you start with 4500$ in 'fake' chips

blinds are 25/50 to start with and people are betting 1000 preflop. Hour # 1 is just waiting out those idiots until they eventually get beat out. But I understand the frustration in dealing with it in a game where EVERYONE ALWAYS does it.

poker games all tend to simulate cash game players where they simply try to throw money at mediocre hands hoping the good hands can't afford the risk of staying in. On fake games where there is no value tied into the $$, people just chase everything.