Podcast App with (working) Auto Download

Reaction score
I am looking for a podcast app that I can subscribe to podcasts and it will auto download them in the background without me needing to manually start the app.

Back in November I tried Google Listen, it's not a great app and it did not work as far as background downloads go. Since then I've been using Mediafly. Until Feb it worked great, auto downloading in the background but that is no longer working. Basically I have to browse to the podcast I am looking for then it will start downloading them in the background.

Any tips ?

rickt1152

Reaction score
Beyond Pod

The full version of Beyond Pod does automatic downloads. The app isn't perfect, but it generally works pretty well. Free trial version to see if it works for you. I used PodTrapper on my Blackberry previously which was a fantastic application, but I've found nothing that works that well for the Droid.

droidberg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have auto-download, but I love .Podkast. Worth a look at least.

digerati

Reaction score
You need DoggCatcher. It autodownloads my podcasts as soon as they are released (i have it check every 6 hours) There are also a ton of options you can use to make it works just the way you want. It is a little pricey but totally worth it. It was the app that allowed me to cut my last tie to apple and itunes!