plug in charger to port, does not charge

tomah

Reaction score
hey everyone. just switched from at&t, loving the droid x.

so far my only issue is when i plug in the charger cable, it does not charge. i have to physically remove the charger outlet from my breaker and plug it back in before the phone charges. anybody else experiencing this?

biggestmexi

Reaction score

so far my only issue is when i plug in the charger cable, it does not charge. i have to physically remove the charger outlet from my breaker and plug it back in before the phone charges. anybody else experiencing this?

its a bug.

ive tried several charges an it still does it

OP
T

tomah

Reaction score

its a bug.

ive tried several charges an it still does it

thanks for the reply. looks like i might have found a quick fix. if i plug it in fast, it seems to recognize the charge. if i baby it in, it doesnt seem to like that

Chad_G_77

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. Half the time, the phone won't recognize that it's plugged into the charger. I have YET to get my laptop to even recognize the phone when I plug it in via USB. I don't particularly care about charging it from the computer at this point. I just want to transfer data. I'm thinking this issue has to be related somehow???

wlfpckgrl1

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. Half the time, the phone won't recognize that it's plugged into the charger. I have YET to get my laptop to even recognize the phone when I plug it in via USB. I don't particularly care about charging it from the computer at this point. I just want to transfer data. I'm thinking this issue has to be related somehow???

Try this link: Motorola Verizon Droid X USB Drivers & PC Charging Drivers Download | Verizon Cell Phones | Blog about Verizon Phones

The only thing I had to download was the "MotoConnect". This worked without having to download the "PC Charging Drivers".

Also, make sure you dont have the Debugging Mode on(Home--->Settings--->Applications--->Development--->Uncheck USB debugging) if youre trying to use your SD card and transfer data. Cant do both at once.

Chad_G_77

Reaction score
Thanks wlfpckgrl. I downloaded this very same driver on saturday and it didn't work. I just plugged my phone into my computer again this morning... and it worked. I must have gremlins living inside my laptop or maybe a reboot on the laptop side finally allowed it to see the driver. Anyhow... working great now!

groelzj

Reaction score
This might sound silly but try unplugging from the outlet, turning the plug 180 degrees and plugging it back in...works for me!

rastaman

Reaction score
Allright here's a stupid question, should I install these drivers to my phone or my computer?

themistah

Reaction score
If running taskiller ignore the USB file.....if not it wont charge I think its some kind of sensor that u kill.

Ryder0442

Reaction score
My phone started this 2 days ago, I uninstalled ATK and the battery app, still wont charge. Charge icon shows up but phone still dies. USB on my desktop computer is the only way it will charge now. Since I am in the field working and traveling to locations this isnt feasable for me. I need to be able to charge it in the car or via outlet. This is my second Droid X, looks like I am heading to my third. 1st one had the screen of death.