Please I need help..... lots of it!!! Newbie here.. :)

alonsou

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I recently rooted my MotoDroid for the first time using SPRecovery an Stock ROM from PETERALFONSO. I was rooted and overclocked to 1.2 using Milestone/Droid overclock, after that I decided to give it a try to one of the custom ROMS from PETER, BB Froyo V0.1.
I wiped and clear the data and cache before the installation. Now my max overclock speed won't go higher than 800Mz using SetCPU, Milestone/Droid overclock won't work anymore on Froyo. I though it was the ROM so I switch over to JRummy Kangerade blue V1.0, but still nothing higher than 800Mz.

I've been reading lots of information on the forum trying to find an answer to this issue, I really like JRummy's ROM and I will like to keep it but I also want to increase my speed at least up to 1.0Gz. So if you can provide me any guidance on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, I will highly appreciate your help.

I've been reading a lot about kernels but still can't understand what do they do and how can I install a better one. I think that this may be the answer to my problem:icon_eek:

hookerdj

Reaction score
you have to install a higher kernel here i will get you a link

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyokernels2/
Hey Folks,

I recently rooted my MotoDroid for the first time using SPRecovery an Stock ROM from PETERALFONSO. I was rooted and overclocked to 1.2 using Milestone/Droid overclock, after that I decided to give it a try to one of the custom ROMS from PETER, BB Froyo V0.1.
I wiped and clear the data and cache before the installation. Now my max overclock speed won't go higher than 800Mz using SetCPU, Milestone/Droid overclock won't work anymore on Froyo. I though it was the ROM so I switch over to JRummy Kangerade blue V1.0, but still nothing higher than 800Mz.

I've been reading lots of information on the forum trying to find an answer to this issue, I really like JRummy's ROM and I will like to keep it but I also want to increase my speed at least up to 1.0Gz. So if you can provide me any guidance on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, I will highly appreciate your help.

I've been reading a lot about kernels but still can't understand what do they do and how can I install a better one. I think that this may be the answer to my problem:icon_eek:

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Can someone explain me what's a nandroid backup and how to do it..... remember noob here.. :)

I can tell its a backup but what's the difference between a regular backup and a nandroid and why its so important to do it.

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Just to be sure what I'm doing, any kernel out of the link will be compatible with Kangerade right?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
nandroid backup=backup, get ROM manager from the market, it'll cost you a couple bucks but it's well worth it. Once you get it, open it, follow the prompts, it'll tell you to flash clockwork recovery. Once you get that done you can go into ROM manager/download ROM, then you can choose from all kinds of different kernels, just try and choose one that is compatible with froyo...then rom manager will prompt you all the way through....super easy!

one more thing, when it prompts you to wipe data/cache and create a backup, do both if you're switching roms or kernels

also, if you want to try and over clock your phone to 1 ghz get a 1ghz kernel, if you want to try and overclock it to the max at 1.25ghz, get a 1.25 ghz kernel....me personally I have p3's 125-1200 (1.2ghz max) kernel and my phone is off the hook fast...

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Thanks guys, now I'm back on bussines running @ 1.2Gz just take a look at my results from my benchmark... thanks all for your help!!!

snapshot.png